Certificate of conformity - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Carl_n_Flo
  • 2 Post By rayc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2016, 12:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Certificate of conformity

As I understand it if you are over 3500 and need a Go Box for certain European countries,especially Austria,then you need a Certificate of Conformity regarding emissions so they know at what level to set the Tolls. Also similar proof required for certain German cities with the Low Emissions Zone.........like I would ever want to drive into a German City.

Out van is 2009, before these certificates were issued and Fiat want £35 to send a letterhead stating we are a Euro 4 engine.

But I think if you are under 3500 you just pay a Vignette and no Certificate is required. Thinking Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia.

In all cases no certificate of conformity is required for the political views of the driver.

Any info appreciated.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2016, 16:17

My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne 696G
Personal Aire
My understanding is that that is correct.

However, the German Umwelt Zone passes can be applied for in advance. When we got ours, we just forwarded a copy of our V5 with the payment and all was well - Euro 4 compliant! We didn't need a Certificate of Conformity for that.

As for the Austrian Go-Box, we haven't had one for a few years now as we avoid the motorways and other 'tolled' roads - it is just too much hassle to deal with them these days.

C
Webby1 and Webby1 like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2016, 21:31

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_n_Flo View Post

However, the German Umwelt Zone passes can be applied for in advance. When we got ours, we just forwarded a copy of our V5 with the payment and all was well - Euro 4 compliant! We didn't need a Certificate of Conformity for that.

C
My experience was the same but worth noting that the German National scheme uses the Green 4 for Euro 4, Euro 5, Euro 6 plus Euro 3 with particulate filter. Foreign vehicles are classified according to date of first registration.

German National Scheme
A National Framework sets out the Emissions Classes and main rules that can be used by cities for LEZs in Germany. The cities or regions then decide whether, where and when to do a LEZ, and what emissions standards will be required.
Windscreen stickers (plakette) show the vehicle Euro standard. To enter the LEZ, the vehicle must have the sticker required by the LEZ standard (usually Green Sticker).
http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/cou...inmenu-61/bonn
Webby1 and Webby1 like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2016, 21:57 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
How sensible to base it on the age of the vehicle......................if it is 2009 it must be Euro 4.
So no need to pay Fiat any more money.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2016, 22:09

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby1 View Post
How sensible to base it on the age of the vehicle......................if it is 2009 it must be Euro 4.
So no need to pay Fiat any more money.
Be aware that just like the ultra low emission zone that is to be introduced in London that some German cities will be doing the same.
A Blue 6 [Euro 6 ] sticker will be required.don't you love this EU standardisation.

http://www.environmental-badge.co.uk...tal-badge.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page