ACSI books and APP - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 13:23 Thread Starter

ACSI books and APP

I bought the books last year and used them while we were away in France and found them a little confusing until I found the map to go with them

Even so, when I was using my satnag, which has ACSI installed, I often couldn't find the site in the book even though it was on my screen and I was sat outside it

I see that there is also an ACSI app available that I assume I simply pay for the download info and that will also generate the discount card?

So, do I get the new 2016 book as well as the app? What do others do? Or shall I do like I did this year i.e. drive till I'm tired and just look for something local aire, site or whatever? I'll be SW France for September, hopefully the sites will quieten down by then

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to, and the way this forum is going I’ll add those a bit northwards too.

Burstner Nexxo T660
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 13:40

Hi Sprinta

You need to buy the books as usual, since the discount card is in the flyleaf of one of them and can't be bought separately.

Then if you look on one edge of the discount card it gives you a code number. You then download the ACSI App. Be careful, there are two and you want the one which shows only the participating sites. You then enter the code to activate it. Only about three quid extra and well worth it. (All this from memory, so hope it's correct.)

I believe it's possible this year to buy both books and App at the same time, direct from ACSI Holland. If you can navigate their website I expect it will tell you . . . somewhere!!

Hope this helps

Dave

P.S. The ACSI App is excellent. It contains much more information than the books, including (for most sites) a range of reviews. Not all in English of course, but very helpful. They warned us off the site at Grandcamp Maisey, and with good reason. What a dump!!
Sprinta and Sprinta like this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 14:07

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Hi Sprinta,

Just to add to Daves comprehensive reply, you can buy the 2016 books AND the 2016 App for 11.95 Euros + 2 Euros delivery from the ACSI website - www.campingcard.co.uk - then click on webshop in the top right corner. You should see the ad - NEW Campingcard ACSI Combi Subscription. As Dave says you must buy the books in order to get the CC Discount Card. I have found customer services at ACSI very helpful and of course being Dutch they speak excellent English.

Andy
Zebedee, Zebedee, Sprinta and 1 others like this.

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 14:44

ACSI books and APP

I agree with the posts that the books are good , I did not find the map till we got home!!! In the back of the second book, on examining it wish it had been in the form of maps like the one they do for Aires. Wonder what form the APP takes - will it make it easier to locate ? Wendy
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambegayo View Post
Wonder what form the APP takes - will it make it easier to locate ? Wendy
Download it and have a look at the demo Wendy. You can do that without having to activate it.

It's brilliant. It has off line GPS location so you can see exactly where you are in relation to the site(s) you want to visit, and they claim to record the GPS co-ordinates at the campsite gates, so it can't be much more accurate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pingcard&hl=en

Dave
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 15:21 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulkhead View Post
Hi Sprinta,

Just to add to Daves comprehensive reply, you can buy the 2016 books AND the 2016 App for 11.95 Euros + 2 Euros delivery from the ACSI website - www.campingcard.co.uk - then click on webshop in the top right corner. You should see the ad - NEW Campingcard ACSI Combi Subscription. As Dave says you must buy the books in order to get the CC Discount Card. I have found customer services at ACSI very helpful and of course being Dutch they speak excellent English.

Andy
we visited several sites last year in France that were owned by Dutch people

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to, and the way this forum is going I’ll add those a bit northwards too.

Burstner Nexxo T660
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinta View Post
we visited several sites last year in France that were owned by Dutch people
We have also come across sites in France owned by Dutch people and they have always been impeccably run. It goes without saying that their English is infinitely better than my Dutch.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 17:00

Their English is usually better than my English!!

They are far more grammatically correct, whereas I guess most native English speakers are often a bit careless in their speech. I tend to write fairly formally, but my speech is often "casual" to say the least!!

Dave
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 19:24

Completely 'off-topic', this all reminds me of a delightful Dutch couple that we met on an ACSI site a few years ago, Mikke and Japp. We returned to the site one afternoon to find them and a small crowd gathered around their old type 2 VW. They had 'locked' their keys inside the van! After watching proceedings for an hour or so I eventually wandered across and un-noticed tried the passenger door. You can guess the rest!!! Being the lovely couple that they were they bought me a beer that evening. Happy memories........

Andy

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 19:26 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulkhead View Post
Hi Sprinta,

Andy
Thanks for this
I've just ordered at a grand total of 13.95 including the app price.
I see it's on a subscription basis to keep it going automatically, but just in case I decide not to next year I've used a card that expires in 10 months.
caulkhead and caulkhead like this.

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Burstner Nexxo T660

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page