Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Road Problems (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/36-road-problems/)
-   -   Shocking driving (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/36-road-problems/125236-shocking-driving.html)

teemyob 15-02-2015 12:17

Shocking driving

We drove down to South wales Friday.

A journey that should be around 3 ˝ hours, took us almost 6.

Lost count of the number of drivers using mobiles and not concentrating. One pulled in front of me last minute at a junction causing me to swerve away from him.

My Wife watched another, hogging and weaving in the middle lane, copying a mobile number from an A4 sheet of paper into his mobile. We were passing the services exit at the time.

Just shocking driving all day, not speed so much. More bad driving and bad manners. So many with a stuff you and me me attitude.

Then we hear how sadly, people lost their lives on the M1 and M40.

WHY! Why do we never learn. None of us are perfect but I just do not get why there are so many bad drivers. And those that pull in-front of you or get angry with hand gestures. Would probably not say boo to you if you banged your trolley into theirs in Tesco!.

Rant over......I wont mention the sruffy 8astards who chuck rubbish out of the window.

Trev.

Zebedee 15-02-2015 12:30

When did you last see anyone pulled over by the Plod Trev?

Or to be more specific - when did you last see any Plod????

That's the reason I think. Without active enforcement the idiots have a free run!!

Dave

teemyob 15-02-2015 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee
When did you last see anyone pulled over by the Plod Trev?

Or to be more specific - when did you last see any Plod????

That's the reason I think. Without active enforcement the idiots have a free run!!

Dave

That exactly what we said. No Plods, do as you like.

We could have earned enough yesterday to pay our own wages as coppers.

Spacerunner 15-02-2015 12:52

I think its a symptom of how attitudes have changed over the years.
When I was at school if a master walked along a corridor we would stand to one side to let him pass. Now the teachers stand aside to let the children pass.

rotorywing 15-02-2015 12:58

If the fines went straight into the Police funds instead of the exchequer's, things would change rapidly !!

Martin

javea 15-02-2015 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorywing
If the fines went straight into the Police funds instead of the exchequer's, things would change rapidly !!

Martin

That system works extremely well in Spain! :o

Mike

Landyman 15-02-2015 16:51

Seems you can get away with almost anything no matter how dangerous, except going a bit over the speed limit on an empty road where a camera will get you.

Bring back the traffic cop with their sense of perspective and common sense.

Richard.

rayc 15-02-2015 18:06

[quote]
Quote:

Martin

What would happen is that they would concentrate on the easily detected and not the most dangerous. In Dorset the Police keep the surplus from the Driver Awareness Courses. The courses are full of people, who by the Police Forces own admission, have committed offences at the minor end of the scale.

javea 15-02-2015 18:51

Quote:

Martin

That system works extremely well in Spain! :o

Mike

teensvan 15-02-2015 20:25

The idiot driver that causes the crash is usually the one that escapes injury. It does need a lot more traffic police to stop this type of disregard for the law and start instant fines. Double what they are now.

I can remember one daft instance when I was coming home on my motorcycle after seeing my son who lived in the New Forest. I was on the A3 heading to London when at a large layby there were 5 police cars and an army of coppers pulling over every motorcycle and letting any old banger car drive past.

I was made to remove my skid lid and asked a lot of stupid questions about where I had been where I was going. It was not until that point that the plod realised I was about 60 years of age so stopped the questions and decided he would do a roadside MOT on my 6 month old bike. All this time loads of other bikes were being pulled in while any old car could just go sailing by.

This was a very daft way for the police to spend a day. Must have cost thousands pity they were not out doing something more useful. I did say that to Mr Plod at the end of my 6 month MOT. He did not take it to well.

After that I have little time for the plod and their stupid quest. They would have caught loads of people on the phone in their cars on the M3 not 2 miles away

steve & ann. ------------ teensvan