What would your penalty / charge be for using a Mobile? - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-06-2014, 14:15

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Kids are the biggest distraction in cars. I used to ferry them around as a cab years ago. Threw several out when they became very disruptive.
Luckily it was peeing with rain each time so hope it taught them something.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-06-2014, 17:31

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
4maddogs - I totally agree with you about the dangers of smoking whilst driving.

Just imagine the rigmarole of getting a fag out of a packet, finding the lighter, then lighting it, then putting down the lighter somewhere then smoking the fag, getting rid of the ash and then eventually stubbing out and disposing of the fag-end.

Even more dangerous is the roll-your-own brigade - the mind boggles at the sheer complexity involved.

All this needs two hands and eyes - all of which should be concentrating on driving.

Do I feel sorry for the can't-go-without-a-fag-for-five-minutes crowd?

Not if it puts me and mine at risk.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-06-2014, 18:31

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
Just a cotton pickin' minute pippin.

There are plenty of drivers on the road who have no knowledge of the phrase 'to concentrate'. I have the occasional smoke while driving, only because I can be behind the wheel for several hours. I never smoke in the m/home at any other time and I never need to smoke in the car.

The problem with many British drivers is that many British drivers are just stupid or selfish (or both). That is the way our society has been steadily heading for some time now.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-06-2014, 20:24

like 747 and many more on here who consider ourselves to be more competent drivers, i do concentrate ,if the phone rings i answer it hands free ,whatever it is, its short and to the point not a long drawn out conversation mostly "sorry cant speak much can you call back in 10 minutes "or "be home in whatever time", agree there's people who use it day in and out in long drawn out conversations that's when minds start drifting thinking of times ,dates, and the like.

have a total ban that's OK with me but does this also include solo police drivers, paramedics etc whose concentration must also be compromised while using their phones.

while a phone is available texting is the real danger,we see this every day round here.

we have a 20 mph speed limit round the local streets here, as yet as far as i know not one conviction for speeding as there are no police to enforce this, most didn't keep to 30 never mind 20, likewise with phones i can go out any day and see 5 to 10 people using their phones, because the odds on being caught are so small, police don't hang around on estates waiting, they wait where they know they are probably guaranteed to catch something.

john
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-06-2014, 21:30

I totally agree with BarryD, loading a CD, changing channels/sound on the radio and looking or fiddling with the Sat Nav are all equally dangerous. Even children arguing on the back seat. Phones are not the only distraction IMHO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page