Where does your dog sleep? - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:57

Burstner Solano ?

linky

Adria coral 670 SLT ?

linky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:06

Maisie travels behind the passenger seat, and sleeps there as well. We are waiting the arrival of a pup (Casper) so will have 2 German Shepherds again. We spent yesterday trying to sort out if we could remove the steps to the bed and make an opening into the garage. We would not travel them in there, but it would be a handy place for them during the day when parked up and a place for them to dry off in wet weather., we thought of putting a mesh door on one end of the garage so they could sleep in there if it was hot.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbes
Burstner Solano ?
It has a wet room. One of our (previously unmentioned) deal breakers We like the separate shower. And it has the same layout as our current van, which means the bathroom is small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbes
Adria coral 670 SLT ?
That would do. It has the fixed, side-mounted table, which means Tess can go under it, linky and it has the rear bathroom which gives us the space we need there.

Thank you for that, Neil

Gerald

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:01

Jasper's getting too unsteady now to come travelling, but when he could get around easily, including up the stairs in the house, this is what happened.... so the answer is, anywhere he wants
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jasperbed_139.jpg (437.1 KB, 0 views)
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldandannie

I looked at an Autotrail Cheyenne 840S today, which seemed to tick all the boxes. But ... they have no fixed table. We don't like the camping tables you need to get out of a cupboard and plonk between the sofas. And it was expensive :: LINK ::

I think I'm going to have to make my own dog-friendly, fixed bed, big bathroom motorhome Unless someone knows different

Gerald
Hi Gerald,

As you know our previous MH was an Autotrail Cheyenne 840S (you have sat in it at Canterbury) and we got around the no fixed table problem by purchasing and installing a purposely made matching boom arm table. This was permanently fitted but could be easily removed if you wanted and it simply swung to whatever position you wanted it in. You could also swing it out of the way when you wanted more space etc and we would have been lost without it!

We were able to use it for a multitude of things and It was big enough for us both to eat a meal at, place drinks or snacks on, do my hair and makeup at, use the laptop on, write at or play cards, board games etc. If we had guests ever and cooked a meal for them and needed a larger table, then of course we would use the folding table but the boom arm table was still used even then for popping a bottle of wine, sauces, salt and pepper, bread and other extras we may require on.

Please see attached some actual photographs of the boom arm table we had in our Autotrail, which I took when we decided to put the boom arm table up for sale seperately on eBay.

If the Cheyenne does tick most of your boxes then maybe fitting a boom arm table could be a solution for you and I personally can vouch for the comfort and the space of the Autotrail Cheyenne 840S. The full width, rear end bathroom was a particular joy to use and the shower was very spacious and quite powerful too. We opted for the overcab cupboards instead of the overcab bed and with that layout we had loads and loads of useful extra locker space.

Another very important aspect of this MH is the comfort of the the 2 single fixed beds in the bedroom and the mattresses on these beds are wonderful to sleep on and we always enjoyed a fantastic nights sleep in them. Plus because they were 2 singles, you have none of that clambouring over one another if one of you needed to pay a visit during the night!

By the way, in the Autotrail our 2 dogs used to either sleep curled up together in between the driver and passenger seats or on one of the long sofa seats on top of a throw. There was plenty of room for them and us, so I'm sure Tess would soon find her very own favourite 'spot!'

Good luck with your search.

Sue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf2208_187.jpg (114.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dscf2205_672.jpg (115.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dscf2204_679.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 views)
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 15:34
TR5

My Motorhome: Autotrail Frontier Delaware
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxdeluxe
Not Leonburgers are they??

They certainly are! See:

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-54351-.html
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 16:15

Charlie sleeps where he is comfy and at 15 we give in to him!
He seems to like sleeping under the table in the Hobby but he liked the seats in the Scout!
He also likes breakfast in bed

Val
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 048_191.jpg (454.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 015_117.jpg (873.5 KB, 0 views)
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 13-09-2010, 19:37

We've got a pop up tent that takes seconds to put up and it fits totally flat behind the drivers seat when down, in a circular zip up bag. Chaka, our German Shepherd loves it, during the day he goes in there if he's too hot, too cool or too wet and comes in and out of the van as he chooses (he's on a long line) and he goes into it happily at night to sleep.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 13-09-2010, 21:05

My Motorhome: Autotrail Savannah
This is where I sleep.

Hi,

My name is Ailsa,and this is where I sleep(Ist photo)
This is where I would like to sleep(2nd photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1000874_169.jpg (317.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p1000910_152.jpg (392.0 KB, 0 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page