Dog Box for tow bar - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 15:43 Thread Starter

Dog Box for tow bar

Hi

I am looking for a dog box / transport box for a dog which attaches to a tow-bar. Anybody got any suggestions/web-sites as to where to look.

Thank you

Eamonn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 15:56

Location: In the badlands on the border of Staffordshire and Cheshire just out of earshot of the M6 and WCML
I don't think you find anything to transport dogs outside a vehicle.
But see http://www.roywoodtransits.co.uk for conversions to van interiors etc.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 16:23

Hi, with regard to a carrier/box try Drop on Carriers - Lutterworth.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 18:13

Tell me you are joking, a dog in a box mounted on a tow bar what happens if someone hits you up your back side.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeaflight
Tell me you are joking, a dog in a box mounted on a tow bar what happens if someone hits you up your back side.
The last person to go anywhere near my backside regretted it. What's that got to do with a dog in a box?

Dougie.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 18:31

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Anyone who treats a dog like that , should maybe consider why they bother to keep a dog.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 19:15

I have to agree with Spacerunner, I wouldn't dream of putting my dog in a box outside on the back end of the MH, apart from the obvious danger, ie rear end shunt, (For Dougie: this is when someone drives their vehicle into the rear of yours ). it would cause him a lot of distress.

Just recently my brother in law pulled up at the toll booth on the Severn crossing and this young woman just drove into the rear end of his caravan as if he wasn't there, and she could offer no explanation. imagine if there'd been a dog in a box--------------
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 19:40

I am sure that its possible to have a box made up for your dog that would fit on your tow bar. But please do give it a little more thought, exhaust fume are not very good for the poor muts health, and heaven forbid if some one drives into the back of you, who gets it first. If, and I'm sure you are an animal lover you won't consider a dog box on your tow bar.
Wobby
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 21:53

re pet trailer

Yes there are quite a few companies that actually make a towable dog carrying system, actually a mobile dog kennel that si towed behind the vehicle, i have 4 working gundogs that i also show and have seen a few of these , i I personally would never use this system as the dangers involved with towing such a contraption is frighteningi, not only the exhaust fumes, but just the vunerability of animals in this type of carrier. also the road noise and there is no way to regulate heat and cold, stuck in traffic would be a nightmare as all the ones i have seen are made of metal, if you want a carrier or cage to specifications to fit inside a vehicle a very good co mpany is lintrane who will make any cage of similar to fit a vehicle custom made and are at a reasonable price have used them every time a get a new vehicle , they do understand dog safety, PM me if you require name , no. or address
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-09-2007, 22:01

whats the difference between a bespoke dog trailer and a hitch mounted box? IMHO - very little - if some prat is going to rear end you the result is the same. I see loads of dog lovers transporting valuable show animals in trailers ,so are they irresponsible pet owners? Apart from the exhaust fumes I see no problem in carrying an animal in a well ventilated but not draughty box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page