https://www.facebook.com/FunniestFam...3494156818924/
greygit and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 15-10-2020, 17:14

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Wow, that is impressive!! But how could you not love those pups!!

Jean
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 15-10-2020, 17:46 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Wow, that is impressive!! But how could you not love those pups!!
Thats why they used them for certain adverts, unfortunately it encourages children to want one,, as a toy.
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 15-10-2020, 17:49

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Jan, we look and fondle all the pups at markets but have to be strong and hand them back. Prue says vets fees to me and I say poop scoops to her.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 08:01

Sorry, but can't agree The expression on those puppies' faces is one of fear. Whale eyes, lip licking and yawning are all signs of fear. She is teaching them to be fearful. Not her fault as she has no escape route from them. All good breeders know to give the mother an escape route for times when the puppies are over bearing.
The normal behaviour would be for the mother to just leave the nest but she can't. This would teach the puppies to handle "frustration" but would not make them fearful.
We saw several really aggressive Golden Retrievers when I was working and if breeders are doing this sort of thing then I am not surprised. The gate, in this case, should have been low enough for her to jump but high enough to keep the puppies confined. In the wild she would just have gone somewhere out of reach. The puppies would have been frustrated but not fearful.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 08:16

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Sorry, but can't agree The expression on those puppies' faces is one of fear. Whale eyes, lip licking and yawning are all signs of fear. She is teaching them to be fearful. Not her fault as she has no escape route from them. All good breeders know to give the mother an escape route for times when the puppies are over bearing.
The normal behaviour would be for the mother to just leave the nest but she can't. This would teach the puppies to handle "frustration" but would not make them fearful.
We saw several really aggressive Golden Retrievers when I was working and if breeders are doing this sort of thing then I am not surprised. The gate, in this case, should have been low enough for her to jump but high enough to keep the puppies confined. In the wild she would just have gone somewhere out of reach. The puppies would have been frustrated but not fearful.

Pat

At the start of the video we saw the mother pushing to get through the pen gate into where the puppies were. Can you equate that with what you wrote above?

Geoff
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 10:51

Mothering instinct, Geoff. She wants to see, and check on them, but does not want to feed them. They look to be of an age where they have teeth and will be eating solids. Her udder was not that pronounced so they may even be mostly weaned. The person with the cameral thought it an amusing thing to film but I doubt the mother, or the puppies, found it amusing.

Puppies do learn to deal with frustration by the mother standing up and moving away while they are feeding. That is a normal part of their development. I had to advise the breeder of my dog to let the mother stand up and move away from her puppies. She was telling the bitch off for not feeding them as and when they wanted feeding. That happens at the beginning, but as the pups grow the mother will cut short a feed or refuse to feed. The puppies feel frustrated but learn to deal with it. This is a good emotion for them to learn to deal with.

The puppies in the video were learning to be afraid when another dog looks at them (if you watch the mother she looks at them first). This is not something you want a puppy to learn because it can lead to reactive behaviour later in life i.e. another dog looks at them and they retrieve a memory of being attacked by their mother which invokes a fear response. In order to deal with a fear response the brain goes into fight/flight, though a puppy may use "freeze" which is what you see in the video. Some dogs carry the freeze response forward into adult life but most invoke the adult fight/flight response to a scary situation.
Funnily enough there is a Golden Retriever in our village that still "freezes" when it sees another dog.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 11:56

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Thanks for those explanations Pat - it has certainly increased my doggie education!
patp likes this.

Jean
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 15:52 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
What don“t you agree with Pat, its a dog and she is training here puppies, she is also under instructions by a very gentle voice.
I see no scared puppies they are doing as there mother tell them, she doesn't have human words so its dog talk, and puppies have to learn dog talk which is best learnt from its Mother not another dog.
greygit and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 16-10-2020, 16:13

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Pity kids don't get controlled like that today.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page