Every day - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:52 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Every day

I'm sorry if I get on your nerves at times, but as Hans is not at home I have to tell someone.

This morning I stopped to talk to a neighbour who was planting pansies in her little bit of garden next to the road.
Motley walked onto the dirt near where she was planting, I just spoke to him as normal "come off please Motley"
My neighbour stood opened mouthed because he did as he was told "he took notice of what you said" it´s just a normal thing for me, but she was obviously amazed.

Then in the house I just said "we haven't cleaned your teeth yet" I went to put water in his mug and came back to find him already waiting on the bed. He is such a lovely little dog, listens and understands no wonder I love him so much.

Every day he does something to make me smile and tell him he's a lovely boy.
Drew, barryd, raynipper and 3 others like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Last edited by JanHank; 07-03-2019 at 12:43.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:39
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Jan, They always were more sensible than most humans....but in so many cases the humans get in the way and spoil everything
JanHank likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:14

That is a lovely story, Jan. Every time we demonstrate that kindness works we gain another convert.

Here on site most of the dogs are walked on lead or only let off for a short while in fenced areas. This leads to them being frustrated and displaying bad behaviour. The owner is then embarrassed and blames the dog. Dogs pick up all this negativity and display more bad behaviour .

I am shattered trying to train the one year old Working Cocker that is Georgia but I know that it Is already paying dividends and she may one day be nearly as good as Motley
HermanHymer and JanHank like this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 23:16

My Motorhome: Burstner A747
We have a 9yr old chocolate lab, hopeless but adorable. Wish we could clean her teeth, she has the stinkiest breath ever, tried all sorts 😭😭😭

Frank
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 08:16

Frank, have a word with a vet nurse at your practice. They have all sorts of solutions. One toothpaste is just given to the dog to eat. The advice is usually free
There are other causes of bad breath too. They include diet and exercise and various diseases .
The Following User Says Thank You to patp For This Useful Post:
fdhadi (14-04-2019)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 08:38 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Motley and all our Shelties had head breath even though their teeth were either cleaned by me or not.
Frank you obviously haven't tried hard enough, or maybe too hard.
I used to clean Shades teeth as well, you must make a game of it to start with, doesn't need to be a brush, dog toothpaste though, on a bit of cloth, one tooth today two tomorrow etc., don't force just make a game talking to her all stupid, it takes time, but in the end you get there.

I'm Jan
The Following User Says Thank You to JanHank For This Useful Post:
fdhadi (14-04-2019)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 09:35 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I just thought I would add, you've seen the video of the little cat Itsme, she is not a house cat and I doubt very much if her owner has ever attempted to pick her up, us being us we wanted to hold her because she is such a darling little thing.
First week or so stroking her along the length of her body, then putting our hands around her and under her tummy, then a few days of lifting her 2" off the ground for a few seconds and each day a little higher and a little longer until now we can pick her up and hold her loosely in our arms, she doesn't struggle and now she no longer has her feet stretched out and claws. We still don't hold her for too long, but it will come.
patp likes this.

I'm Jan
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 10:17 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhadi View Post
We have a 9yr old chocolate lab, hopeless but adorable. Wish we could clean her teeth, she has the stinkiest breath ever, tried all sorts 😭😭😭
I'm glad I found this again Frank

We have a new vet for Motley and I asked if they had Flagyl for dogs in this country, no they didn't, but found another drug to treat his bad breath, Suanatem Forte, 20 tablets costing approx €35.00. The instructions from the vet, 1 - 2 x a day for 2 days 1 - 1 x day for 6 days this should stop his bad breath. If it returns then use the other 10 tablets the same way.
On the second day he had the sweetest breath and its stayed like that so far 9 days after the treatment stopped. Maybe your vet can prescribe the same or similar?
Its really lovely when Motley looks me in the face panting and no smelly breath.
https://imedikament.de/suanatem-forte
fdhadi likes this.

I'm Jan
fdhadi (14-04-2019)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 10:32

Any further stories re Itsme Jan?

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 11:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Any further stories re Itsme Jan?
I've tried to find the thread Drew to tell you she had 5 kittens 4 days ago, the owner has allowed her to keep 2, (don't ask, they're a hard bunch around here).
One is an unusual grey colour the other tricoloured, brown black and white. She is in a stall in deep straw with them, I saw them on Friday, she recognised me, allowed me to pick them up from under her belly to show Motley.
Yesterday I spotted her on a grass bank near her home, she had her back to me and I just said "Itsme" she turned, came straight to me and curled round my legs. I gave her some food in the usual place under a tree and one of her kittens from last year, a jet black one that usually keeps out of our way, came to join in the feast and allowed me to stroke it. Itsme is still quite happy walking with Motley, but she didn't come far with us yesterday, just back to her gate and then I guess back to attend to the babies. It´s quite cold here, I wonder if she covers the babies with straw when she has to leave them.
Drew likes this.

I'm Jan
Drew (14-04-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page