post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-12-2018, 11:15

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Jean

Total gobbilygook

Are you still on this planet girl?

Blessed auto complete/ correct

Is that an euphanism for Christmas blessings ?

Ignore me, love you

Sandra
I take it my emojis are still showing as gobbledygook?! Noone had commented the last few times I'd used them so I thought they were actually working - silly me!

Anyway, I'm just back from my granddaughter's nativity (ages 3 and 4, Belfast) and it was based on the Christmas story.

My grandson's yesterday, in an RC school in Donegal, was very much based on Santa.

Odd.
patp likes this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-12-2018, 18:10

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
What the hell

Santa will have to do

We are multicultural now

And I may be shot down

But try replacing Mohammad

With Santa

Sandra

Ps am I in danger ?.

Possibally or not

Iíve lived with so many, never insulted them

And they have never insulted me

But they have never drawn me into their buxom either

Sandra
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 07:23 Thread Starter

Well, the little madam has badly bitten my hand and it is now infected!

All my own fault of course, I was trying to groom her and just carried on a little too long so she let me have it both barrels!
Doctor is quite concerned as cats' teeth are teeming with nasty bacteria.
I remember in my early days as a vet nurse being bitten by a feral cat. The vet didn't trust me to sustain the grip I had on it and he tried to take over while I did the injection. As we transferred hands it got away from us. I made a grab and it grabbed my hand and just hung on for grim death. The vet reached onto the shelf and dispensed some strong antibiotics immediately!

This time I am on Erithromycin which is a bit tough on the stomach. The pain is excruciating

I have contacted all the local cat rescues to see if they can take her. They all run waiting lists. The RSPCA told me that they do not take in stray cats only "owned" cats - wtf? Having spent hundreds on her at the vet's I think it entitles me to be her "owner" now.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 08:29

I must admit Iím not overly impressed with the RSPCA in many ways although I have a standing monthly donation to them

I would have thought stray cats have moreneed of support than owned ones unless cruelty is involved

Sorry to hear about your hand Pat , hope is better by Christmas

Sandra
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 14:00

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Your certainly not having a good time at the moment are you Pat.
I used to groom Manny against her will by holding her by the scruff and she never moved.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 15:51

Itís possible she had a sore part

We once had a feral cat, Shalom

Sat on my lap, and I was stroking him

He bit sraight through my hand

I must have touched a sore spot

Just as if I fell over Shadow heíd probabally bite me

Meaning nothing , an adrenaline rush

The same rush as he gets at the double garden gate

When a stranger enters the outer one

He bit me once when Winston barrelled into him whilst he was sleeping at my feet

It was meant for Winston , but he shot off , like lightening

My leg didnít

And he had know idea that it was me he bit

I stood on his foot in the dark this morning

He was devestated , up on the stairs, face through the banisters , at my level , crying, he needed full apology and reassurance

His spot to say goodbye to visitors

No matter Iíd restuffed and stitched his Teddy

Ungrateful hound

Iíll stuff him one day

Sandra
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 16:46 Thread Starter

The RSPCA are a waste of time. They are only interested in a "case" if there is a prosecution in it for them. I think many of their inspectors are ex police or people who could not get into the police.
I once reported a case of neglect where a couple of donkeys and a goat had no food for weeks on end. A kind local farmer was dropping bales of straw over the fence to keep them alive. The inspector did go out and look at them. He phoned to tell me so but also told me what a nice chap the owner was! One of the donkeys ended up dying because the stupid owner, having not fed them for months, chucked a whole bag of pony nuts into the field and the poor donkey ate far too much in one go. I dare say he was expecting a planned visit from the RSPCA.
If it is just mild (!) starvation or neglect they give advice which the people follow for a while and then cease.
They will not come out for stray animals in danger of being killed on the roads. Tell them about a pigeon (pest) and they are there straight away because it generates donations from the general public.

It was, Jan, entirely my fault I got bitten. I had done a little bit of grooming and had that fatal thought of "just a little bit more" She is also arthritic and so will find bracing against a comb while her joints wobble quite uncomfortable - again I should have known so it serves me right really The pain was excruciating! I once had a feral cat hanging off my thumb and I don't remember it being as painful as this time.
aldra and JanHank like this.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 16:55

Personal Aire
Met our little followers again this afternoon, out for a walk with her owner, saw us and came to say hello, her walk then changed directions, walked with us passed her house and when we came back stopped at her place and we carried on home.
She's half wild really, doesn't like to be picked up but loves to be stroked, doesn't live indoors, sleeps in with the chickens and rabbits.

I'm Jan
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 17:07 Thread Starter

I wonder if the other cats bully her, Jan?
We had two cats at one time. The tabby would always be in the house and was very loving. The little black one (which was dumped in the copse next to our house) would never stay in the house and we used to moan that it just ate our food and p****d off. The tabby got killed on the road one day. The very next day the black cat was in the house and following us around all the time wanting a fuss. We even went as far as saying that the spirit of the tabby had entered the black cat. I now understand that the black cat was being bullied out of the house by the tabby. Some cats are very territorial and they do say they will choose their own friends and will not have them foisted on them by us.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-12-2018, 17:16

Personal Aire
I omitted to say, in with the chickens ,rabbits, and other cats, the number varies at that house because strays always seem to find their way too it for a few days then bugger orf. Horst the owner told me last week he was feeding 7, sometimes he has 2 follow him, but this one always does. We gave him all Mannys food stock which lasted them a good while.
aldra likes this.

I'm Jan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page