Its hard to believe - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 31-10-2018, 23:25 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Its hard to believe

Next door but one there is a ruin of a house, barn and some kind of stables, all are falling apart.
The person that owns this ruin has probably been evicted from the house he has rented for the past 3 years and had dumped all his rubbish in the barn and around it. This afternoon I discovered he had also left his dog locked in one of these stables which was probably used to house 1 pig or a goat, definitely not big enough for a horse. The poor dog had no water, could only look through a grid at the bottom of the door with no other light. He has probably been left there for days with someone coming to feed him as there are about 8-9 empty dog food tins outside the door and thats the amount of days since his owner moved out of the house.
We called the police, they were here in about half an hour and when they saw where the dog was, broke the lock and took him out and after several phone calls arranged for him to go to a dogs rescue home in the next town.
It was heartbreaking for us to see this dog locked in the stable, but as hard as it was we must not take him out because then he becomes our responsibility, the dog, named Bruno, knows us because he used to break loose from his kennel and come straight down to us until his owner made the kennel escape proof.
The 2 policemen were both dog friendly and one was able to calm Bruno quite well until we went anywhere near then he wanted to get near to us and almost knock us over in his excitement, he is an uncontrollable dog , understands sit and thats about all.
After seeing the state of the place where Bruno was imprisoned the policemen told Hans to ring the authorities tomorrow to order him to clear the rubbish which includes 4 cars 2 small lorries, a trailer and a Crain thing. Inside the barn goodness knows what is in there they brought no end of lorry loads of stuff here from the other house. We have no idea what will happen when someone goes to feed him tomorrow and finds him missing. We don't even know the owners surname only his Christian name, but one of the cars left there has a numberplate still on it so the police will soon find out his name, but then the detective work of where he is will start. The bloke did tell me which town he was living in, but that was all.
How can people treat an animal they are supposed to love like that beats me.
Photo of the big bits of junk left at the back of the property/ruin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2281.jpg (523.4 KB, 29 views)
erneboy and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Last edited by JanHank; 31-10-2018 at 23:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 09:46

How awful for that poor dog. And just a as awful for you to witness it

The weird thing is that, should the owner go to get the dog, the dog will still be overjoyed to see him. They love us no matter what.

I was once involved in a case where the RSPCA were called to investigate a dog locked in an outside toilet. They arrived and opened the door to find a poodle completely matted up with faeces all over its coat. The coat had grown over the dog's eyes so that it could not see a thing and it had a foot missing.

The officer picked up the poor dog and went and knocked on the door of the house. When the door opened and the householder appeared - the dog wagged its tail!

We clipped the whole coat off the dog filling several sacks with it. The dog's eyes were completely glued shut with green pus. And it still loved its owner.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 10:21 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Hopefully he will not be allowed to take the dog until he can assure them he has a place to keep it. What he should do is let someone else who wants a 3 year old chocolate Labrador take Bruno to love and look after properly.
One of the policemen that came was a natural at handling him, he belongs to some hunting dog club, maybe he will know someone to take Bruno, I really do hope so.

I'm Jan

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:34 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
So you understand why we were so concerned.

The owner of Bruno drove past at 10.15 this morning and away again a few minutes later, that meant Bruno would have been in that hell hole for at least 18 hours without food water or any contact.

The straw is pre 1990, that was when the place was last occupied.

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 01-11-2018 at 12:37.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:50

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
It does look a slum.
We have one in our hamlet but out on the main road https://goo.gl/maps/6sQgZxD5yLS2
He kept birds, rabbits, ducks and a couple of dogs. He is often drunk at weekends and leaves the gates open or unlocked. The rabbits and ducks often came to our garden for water and food. But sadly at least one dog a year gets out and is flatted on the road.
Our neighbour has tried to tactfully suggest he takes more care but is only met with a shrug.
One of the escaped ducks below beside our oven.

Ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0292.JPG (844.6 KB, 11 views)
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com

Last edited by raynipper; 01-11-2018 at 12:52.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 13:54 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Was it close to Christmas Ray ? It wasn't saying let me in let me in was it?

Its not a slum, no human could live there, every building is falling down, its a ruin.
HurricaneSmith and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 14:00

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
No Jan. It was September and it was just standing near our gate. So we gave it some water and bread and it followed us into the house and just settled down.

Ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0290.JPG (1.14 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0296.JPG (838.8 KB, 6 views)
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 14:13

Awful, Jan Hopefully, being a chocolate Labrador he should be fairly easy to rehome.

The poodle I mentioned above had no bedding at all. They think the foot was lost when the door was slammed on it. Some people just beggar belief in what they can do to a defenceless creature.

The rules have changed over here to do with kennels and their licences. It is making it much more difficult to get a licence and people with just a few dogs must get a licence. All of a sudden there has been a load of dogs dumped in remote areas. In one case there were five Newfoundland dogs in Norfolk all thin and with filthy, matted coats and health problems. Then oop North there were a load more similar dogs dumped. They think that it was two centre breeding operation that decided to give up. At least the dogs are in good care now.
JanHank likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 20:07 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Update

Nothing we can do, the vet who has the home where Bruno was taken has released him to his owner who she thinks is a very nice man. Where he will be kept now who knows, the bloke told her Bruno will be staying with his relative until he has a place of his own. Someone in the village told Hans the bloke had been evicted by bailiffs for not paying his rent, who knows the truth, we don’t.

I'm Jan
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 20:12

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Well I’m surprised you didn’t take it Jan
You and Hans and motley

A perfect home

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page