Important Info Re-Vaccination Validity - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 14-03-2008, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcadia
Hi Briarose / Rita (zulurita) Do you think you could post address/directions for this vet please? We have found a good one just outside of Le Touquet which we have used in the past but this sounds even better. Briarose, can you tell us how much they are charging?
Hopefully our back axle will be delivered end of the month so we can get back on the road.
Brian
Hi if you go to the town centre you will see a car park (wish I could draw it LOL) there is a shoe shop just past the car park make sure that you have that behind you, then look to the right and follow the road it is not much more than a couple of hundred yards to the vets, there is a big sign outside on the wall, a green cross the address is 1 Rue De Neufchatel.

We didn't park on the car park but managed to get a space on the next street outside a baby clothes shop, on the opposide side from the baby shop is the patiserrie as I say you would be less than a 3-4 minute walk from there.

Hope that helps I am sure you couldn't find a nicer Vet, he charged me around 50 euros for both dogs including all treatments I was very pleased with that as expected to pay much more...........in fact had put aside 90 euros.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 15-03-2008, 12:08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarose
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulurita
I feel sorry for the people whose dog reacted badly.

We did question our vet re the anti-rabies vaccination when they sent us a reminder just before the year was up!!

The vet said they like to make sure there are no problems getting into country!!! So pointed out DEFRA's response and validity date of vaccination.

We also had to be careful when treating our dog for heartworm, leishmaniasis (?spelling) as we too went to a vet in Benicassim but as it was winter we hadn't treated our dog before we left.

The Vet in Benicassim did tell us to space out the treatment so as not to overload the dogs immune system.

A collar is needed for the leishmaniasis and we get Stronghold for heartworm.
Frontline Combo we buy in France as well, need a prescription from Vet in UK to buy it in UK.
Hi ref the heartworm the Vet in Portimao recommended that we have a blood test just to make sure they hadn't already picked it up (we had only been in the south for 24 hours approx) but he said if they had already picked it up they would react to the tablet and it could be fatal, so I decided to err on the side of caution and have the test, which he did in the surgery within minutes he said all was fine and then gave them a tablet each, I understand if I were to continue giving them the tablet once a month from now on I would have no probs if we return to Spain/Portugal next winter............I am now going to check that out with our own Vet next week as I don't want to overload them with tablets etc etc next time though I would def check all that before departure as I was in the dark this time.

I am now also aware of the caterpillar problem in pine forests (as I said in my other post today) but I am sure alot of people still don't realise that they are a potential killer...........worth mentioning all this in this sticky for other members to read.
Briarose,

Do you remember what the tablets were that the vet gave you for the heartworm?

jarcadia,

There is a good Aire de Service opp the municipal campsite in Forges-les-Eaux with electric if you are staying overnight. There is also a Green Route not far away for cycling.

Vet tel number: +33235905555 if receptionist doesn't understand you ask for Dr. Patrick Pattyn.

We usually book our appt as it is easier, have called in on our way out and made appt but have also done this by telephone.
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 15-03-2008, 15:13

Quote:
Do you remember what the tablets were that the vet gave you for the heartworm?
Hi Rita the Vet gave me a piece of paper to give to my own Vet he has written down the following.

Witness disofilariose blood test (merial) pills interception and colar sealibon

There may be a odd letter that is wrong there as I can't quite decipher all of his writing esp on the disofilariosl

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 15-03-2008, 15:42 Thread Starter

Oh Dear!

All Greek to me
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 18:10

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Following zulurita's advice on the website some time ago (thanks very much by the way!) I took our 2 cocker spaniels to the vet in Forges Les Eaux on our return from Spain at the end of March and I can't recommend them highly enough. Very nice people, both of them, and they are so kind to the dogs that it was not a problem at all. Go there and you won't have any worries.

Mike
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 08:35 Thread Starter

thats good Mike
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 08:51

Hi Mike glad you found them excellent just as we did.

Rita you will have to email them and ask for commision ROFL next time we go we are defintely going to have a night or two on the aire there as the place was such a nice little town too.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 21:27

Hi I have just booked Rolo in for his booster in a couple of weeks time, a good 14 days before due.....................just out of interest I noticed there are two expiry dates on the passport, one I think the 4th Aug and one two weeks later. I just wondered which is the one that the authorities go by or is it both ? I do know you can't go a day over the expiry date.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 17:20 Thread Starter

Briarose,

Is that the anti rabies booster?

Looking at jabuliles pets passport, her last Nobivac Rabies booster entry is:

1. 07/08/07 (date given)
2. 07/08/09 (date expires! although vet says have to go day before)

Is that what you are looking at? as I cannot see two expiratory dates.

Jabulile had her first Anti rabies in 2001 when you only needed one injection when first starting the pets passport. Nowadays I believe they have two initial injections ? how far apart. Is that why there is two expiratory dates?

If in doubt double checking with the Veterinary surgery should clarify things. if you have booked Rolo in for 14 days before it is due you should be fine.
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 29-07-2008, 20:48

Hi there were two dates on the passport the 1st jab and the 2nd as the 1st one was the 4th of Aug we have just had the vaccination done so all hopefully is well. This time the expiry date is in 3 years time......so will now have to keep an eye on whether 3 years is OK, although as I posted I did ask at the pet passport area at Calais and they said they go on the expiry date on the passport. I didn't think the price for the booster was bad at around £20.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page