Certificate of Conformity on German import - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 00:21
MHH

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information above. I will be travelling to Germany next week to collect my used motorhome and already have a photocopy of the what the dealer says is the CoC. I've used a translator to determine that the title of the document "zulassungsbescheinigung Teil I" is "Car Licence Part 1", not quite what I'd expect.

Can any of you who are already in possession of a German supplied CoC verify that this document looks the same as your's please? See link below.

Link to CoC

Regards,
Dan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 Thread Starter

Hi MHH,
Congratulations. Hope the new purchase/import procedures goes a s smoothly as mine did and you will very happy!

I couldn't get your link to open.

Cheers.
PP
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:10
MHH

Hi Pelican Pete,

Thanks for that. Yes, the dealer seems quite capable and have been helpful in getting a couple of mods done prior to me collecting the van, so looks good so far.

Try again with a picture this time...

>> Image <<

Cheers,
Dan.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:58

Hi Dan,

no, this is not a CoC!

While this is a vehicle registration document according to latest EU standards, I think (but am not 100% sure) that the CoC is still needed.

Best Regards,
Gerhard

Euramobil Sport 585DS (C-class):
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:16

hymer van

Are they 2008 stock , nearly new will cost you 19% -17% vat on top.
C/C can be obtained from mfg, Req in spain. and palowski sell a lot of unwanted layouts
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:42
MHH

Thanks for that Boff.

I have also been provided with another registration document here. Does this mean that I will require these 2 documents plus the CoC?

Silversurfa, as the van is now 13 months old and has 20,000 KMs on the clock, VAT is included in the German price and won't be paid again in the UK.

Regards,
Dan.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:13

vat

'quote low milage 6mths old ' will incur vat,

Good luck with your van, Its all about saving money.yes vat is in price from dealer , Have had 4 vans S/h From Germany, but no longer cheap with crashing pound.
Travel well.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHH
Does this mean that I will require these 2 documents plus the CoC?
As far as I know yes.

However, my last experience here dates back to 2004, before the EU registration documents were introduced. So maybe, maybe, with the new registration documents the CoC has become obsolete?

Regarding VAT: In any case, in the end you have to pay the British VAT. So either the German dealer sells the van to you "for export", without charging German VAT, or you can reclaim the German VAT later. How this procedure works, this I do not know. But others here do.

Best Regards,
Gerhard

Euramobil Sport 585DS (C-class):
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 18-04-2008, 18:56
MHH

Hi,

Yes, was a painless exercise in the end. Arrived back in Bournemouth Wednesday and visited local DVLA at 4pm that afternoon. They only required to 2 registration/licence docs that I provided links to earlier in this thread and also took the yellow form that accompanied the export German trade plates. Wasn't asked to provide CoC - Gaspode correct again!

Had tax disc and UK plates on the motorhome by 5pm Friday afternoon, so only 48 hours!

Have to recommend AB Reisemobile in Kleve. They were not experienced selling to Brits but Norbert Blessing and wife Anna Maria (who speaks fluent English) were very helpful, provided all the docs including the unnecessary CoC and sorted the export trade plates (EUR 190) prior to my arrival. They found it very amusing when we requested to stay on their forecourt overnight but accommodated anyway.

Cheers,
Dan.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 18-04-2008, 19:32

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Hi Dan

Well done, I trust you are pleased with your new van and saved yourself an impressive amount of cash.

Unfortunately a lot of misinformation (usually well intentioned) is posted here and on other forums regarding the ins and outs of importing. The only way to be sure is to get an importers pack from the DVLA and read it through, that way you've got it from the horses mouth, not an "expert".

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page