Anyone used Bundesvan before? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 09:25 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to pandalf Send a message via MSN to pandalf
Anyone used Bundesvan before?

We are planning to replace our 2008 Adria Twin with a new van, and our shortlist is down to two possible new vans - both German. It's pretty much impossible for us to find either in the UK, and we are getting only vagueness about availability and price from the various dealers, thanks mainly to the impact on Sterling versus the Euro.

So we are thinking seriously about just bringing in a van from Germany. We have done this before, about a decade ago, and all went very smoothly. We are not concerned about the left hand drive aspect, and the prices of the vans we are looking at appear considerably cheaper in Germany than they are here. Yes we will take a hit when we sell, but the goal is to keep this new van a long, long time.

The appeal of having someone take care of all the import hassle is very appealing, which is where Bundesvan comes in. We have been talking to them for a week or so, and they have already helped us find several possible candidates. Right now, we are very tempted to move head and it will be good to know if any subscribers have bought through Bundesvan before. Hopefully those experiences will be good, but anything that makes us feel more confident about working through them - and entrusting a considerable amount of money to them! - will be very welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 11:57

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
For a good source of info about importing from Germany, not necessarily Bundesvan, maybe you should cotact one of the longest MHF members - her name is Carol Weaver, but her username is just 'carol'. She was very helpful to me some time ago.

Geoff
pandalf and pandalf like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 13:30

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Loads of useful info about Bundesvan in "Company Reports", have you done search?

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 16:41

My Motorhome: Hymer 504
We bought our first Hymer fron Bundesvan some 20 years ago and could not fault them. I would have no worries going back to them. My only drawback now is we are happy with the van we have now and Bundesvan are a long way away from us. Otherwise our experience with them was excellent.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 17:15
ob1

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
Never used Bundesvan but they have been around for a long time and over the years I have only ever seen good reports about them.

A fool and his money are soon partying.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 21:33

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Bought our current van through Bundesvan in 2010. Excellent idea and service however I know the business has changed hands since.

Dick
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 22:03

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Bob and Sue who are the new owners are extremely helpful people and will help you even if you are not giving them your business.

They took over from Nick Legg.

Nice, friendly, genuine people the new owners, in fact I would say the business has got even better.

Paul.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:27

My Motorhome: Hymer exsis-i 562 (Ford)
We purchased our current Hymer exsis-i from Bob & Sue. Can not praise them highly enough. Very helpful, informative and above all truly nice people to do business with.

We had a duff battery (AFAIK a common Hymer AGM problem) and no quibble at all. Buy battery of your choice, emailed receipt and money transferred into our account. If we get another import, they'll be the first place we contact.

Malcolm

ps Forgot to mention we needed to get the van ready for a continental trip and DVLA were being slow, so Bob & Sue delivered the van to me in Surrey on trade plates, no charge!!!
pandalf, pandalf, coppo and 1 others like this.

Last edited by emjaiuk; 09-03-2017 at 09:30. Reason: ps added
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:19

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
To clarify, they are in the UK and import on your behalf from the across the channel.is this correct. Can we have a link to make it easier for a member to go straight o their website.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 18:28
ob1

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
Isn't it a nice change to get such positive feedback regarding a motorhome connected company. Hundred percent so far!

A fool and his money are soon partying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page