Exporting Hymer to New Zealand - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 Thread Starter

Exporting Hymer to New Zealand

Wasn't quite sure where to put this post but here goes....We are going to come back to the UK and buy a motor home and holiday for 6 mths, we are looking at Hymer merc auto right HD, 2002. We want to bring it back to NZ as the prices here are through the roof for poor quality stuff. NZ import rules are quite tough and at present are definatley allowing Euro emissions 5 standard in but a bit cloudy about standard 4. I am getting more clarity next week from the transport agency here but how does one find out which van has what euro emissions level .....and any other help you can throw in would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:47

My Motorhome: rapido 992mh
hi kiwi
have a look at this site http://www.castle-european.com/ i read an article in practical motorhome about a an englishman who did the opposite to you ie bought one in the uk shipped to new zealand and then sold for a profit after a 6 month holiday out there
hope this helps frank
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 Thread Starter

The opposite?....that's exactly what I have in mind apart from the selling on bit....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 10:07

At 2002 it wont be Euro 5 it may not even be Euro 4, if you know the specific van you are buying there is a website that you can input the registration no and it will tell you wether the vehicle complies with the London LEZ,This will give you an indication of whats what. i,m sorry i dont have a link but i have seen the website, so some searching should reveal it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 10:23

I think a 2002 vehicle will be Euro3 for emissions. If you have the registration number you can enter this on the transport for London's website which will tell you. I believe it is possible to add filters to bring a vehicle up to Euro4 level, but I expect that will be at a cost.

I am in New Zealand at the moment, there are more European vans around (Burstner) but they are certainly not cheap.

Hope it works out.
Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page