Info on importing van into Ireland ? O.M.S.V. ??? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-11-2012, 23:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer 640
Info on importing van into Ireland ? O.M.S.V. ???

Hi just wondering if anyone has imported a camper into Ireland lately, have been trying to gather some information on how much the V.R.T. might come to as neither customs + excise or the tax authorities have been of any help.
Ive been told i will need to pay 13.5% of the open market selling value of the van i bring in but no one can tell me how much that will be before i roll up to rosslare to register it on Irish plates. There is an extremely complicated form that involves comparing the prices of vans for sale in Ireland with similar vans for sale in the UK but i cant make sense of it really.

Would be interested to hear if any one has brought in a camper and much you were charged for VRT to try and get some idea of what it might cost if we were to bring in a van.

thanks

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-11-2012, 11:59

Don't hold me to this Wayne.

We have brought from Germany 2 Motorhome before the VRT changed only paid €50.

My reading now is that you pay 13.5% of the current market price of the van here in Ireland.

Say you bought the van in Germany for €30000. It would be valued here at say €35000 or more, then that what you pay the VRT on.

I might be wrong but that's the way I'm reading it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-11-2012, 17:10

Hope it's easier to do than bringing the M/H into France. We have been trying to re-register ours in France as we are resident here but after 6 months don't seem much closer! And that is with the local garage helping us!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 25-11-2012, 01:06
T_M

Info on importing van into Ireland ? O.M.S.V. ???

Wayne

Give Bill Lupton at the motorcaravan club of ireland a ring on 01/8251364,he might be able to help you.I think Nora+Neil are fairly right in their thinking,one way or another it makes importing a van very expensive.
Bernard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page