Swanage area overnight parking - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2011, 20:14 Thread Starter

Swanage area overnight parking

hi all
we are booked into a campsite in swanage, but will be travelling the night before so will need somewhere to overnight we should get to the dorset area about 11.00pm and will be travelling down from essex, does anyone know of somewhere we could park up till morning.
many thanks
ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2011, 22:16

As you come into swange on the main road just before the sea front there is a large car park on your right hand side, you can overnight there for one night only. But please check as this may have changed since my last visit.
There is a fee to pay but can't remember exact amount

Hope this helps
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2011, 22:55

My Motorhome: Swift Bessacarr E460
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
You can also overnight on the North Shore car park I think it was £5.50 per night last year.

Jacquie

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 20:48

you can park on swanage sea front no charge for as long as you like clubman -gl
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 21:32

Last weekend we had an overnight in the Bay at South Beach NT car park and at Corfe Castle NT car park the following night. We've stayed in both places before "in" season and now out without incident.

There are signs saying members (we are) can park for free but no sleeping overnight. There is a proposed £25 "fine" (it would be a civil tort) for breaching this but I would argue to them were such a fine be issued, that they get either the £25 fine or my £84 membership, not both!

In any case we were not bothered by anyone and at South Beach even cleared up some rubbish left nearby to were we parked.

It was a nice weekend.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2011, 20:45

Re: Swanage area overnight parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickann
hi all
we are booked into a campsite in swanage, but will be travelling the night before so will need somewhere to overnight we should get to the dorset area about 11.00pm and will be travelling down from essex, does anyone know of somewhere we could park up till morning.
many thanks
ann
Hi Ann, we have the same dilemma, what to do for a weekend in the motorhome, when quite naturally, you want to drive down to Studland/Swanage for the weekend and arrive 10pm Friday night. Seems site owners don't want to recognise the weekend brigade.
Can I ask how you got on; we're off tomorrow around 6pm. In the absence of any corroborated info, think we'll take a chance on your answers received here.
Ta.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2011, 21:36

Swanage area overnight parking

You can wildcamp overnight, and many do, at the foot of the Corfe Castle mound. Turn right just before entering the village and there is a big parking area immediately on your right. As has been said you can park on the sea front but be aware that next weekend (4-6 March) is the Swanage Blues Festival weekend and overnight spaces will fill up quickly on the plus side, if you're into live music in general and the Blues in particular, there's a stack of great music most of it free all around the town.

Also be aware that the seafront parking will cease when the front is closed at the end of April but the South Beach car park will still be available for a fee.

Sadly the most spectacular wild camping spot on the Corfe to Studland road was severely abused and has now been subjected to the dreaded 'no overnight camping' signs which are enforced. Shame.

Enjoy.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2011, 23:22

Swanage parking

As a resident of the town, I can assure you that parking/sleeping overnight is allowed in King George's car park, Victoria Avenue and the North Beach car park at the end of Bon Accord Road. The fee is approx £5.50 each night. I would mention that the North Beach car park has the football club adjacent so might be more noisy, plus the recycling bins are situated here.
I actually wrote in to the Town Council saying they were missing a trick by banning motorhomes and you can see the notice board at the entrance has been changed to reflect this change of heart. Enjoy!!

Sundial
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2011, 00:46

Re: Swanage parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundial
As a resident of the town, I can assure you that parking/sleeping overnight is allowed in King George's car park, Victoria Avenue and the North Beach car park at the end of Bon Accord Road. The fee is approx £5.50 each night. I would mention that the North Beach car park has the football club adjacent so might be more noisy, plus the recycling bins are situated here.
I actually wrote in to the Town Council saying they were missing a trick by banning motorhomes and you can see the notice board at the entrance has been changed to reflect this change of heart. Enjoy!!

Sundial
Thanks guys, some really specific answers. Problem solved and plenty of choice.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 20:46 Thread Starter

cheers all for your answers, we are not off until april, so at least we have a choice of where to go, did think of finding a tesco's car park somewhere but at least i know there are car parks in the area now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page