Brittany Ferries order new super ferry - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 31-01-2014, 15:20 Thread Starter

Brittany Ferries order new super ferry

Just announced. £225 million, 30 pet friendly cabins. Running on LNG. Less pollution. Bigger than any ferry they have had before, more facilities.

Will start operating for 2017 season in conjunction with Cap Finisterre serving Bilbao and Santander and the Pont Aven will be reallocated to the St Malo route.

This means a more than doubling of pet cabins on the Spanish routes. There will still be kennel spaces as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 31-01-2014, 16:11

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
As far as I was aware they ordered this ship months ago!! I remember thinking at the time "MMM LPG powered ship, that's novel !!"

I wonder if they will have problems filling up at a French fuel Station

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 31-01-2014, 17:10

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I received the notice about this new ship in the Club Voyage news which only arrived yesterday. It sounds like a good ship and is certainly streets ahead of how they started as a cooperative of Brittany farmers and fishermen keen to have access to the UK market via Roscoff.......

BUT the costs of their crossings means they should have paid for it fully within three months and that's from MHF users only.....

Seriously though, the ship should make the longer crossing to the Spanish ports even more pleasurable and more of a cruise - which is their aim in designing it, I am sure it will look good.

Dave

PS

If anyone wants to reduce the amount they have to pay for such crossings they are welcome to use our Club Voyage number

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 31-01-2014, 21:35

Thanks for the info, guys, but as I get sick on even the Mersey ferry, will have to pass.

My idea of hell is a world cruise!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:17

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
LPG or LNG?

I doubt the latter!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:20

That means EVEN more bloody dogs on campsites !!!!!!!!!!

Gets more like Crufts everyday.

Keith

Do unto others as they do unto you,and then **** off before the law arrives.

There are only 3 things in this world worth a solitary dime, thats old dogs, and children and watermelon wine. (Tom T Hall)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin
LPG or LNG?

I doubt the latter!
LNG it is. See below:

Leading French ferry and holiday company, Brittany Ferries, today announced that an order has been placed for a new cruise-ferry that will be its largest yet, and one of the biggest such vessels in the world. It will also be the cleanest, most environmentally-friendly ship to operate in UK waters because LNG emits about 25 per cent less carbon dioxide during combustion than marine fuel oil and burns with no smoke. It is entirely free of sulphur and is very low in nitrogen oxide emissions.[B]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 14:24

Location: Ex Rochdale,now Cabanas de Tavira, S.Brittany & where the wheels take me
My Motorhome: Calder Leisure Ultralite 5'er & Globecar Globestar PVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin
I received the notice about this new ship in the Club Voyage news which only arrived yesterday. It sounds like a good ship and is certainly streets ahead of how they started as a cooperative of Brittany farmers and fishermen keen to have access to the UK market via Roscoff.......

BUT the costs of their crossings means they should have paid for it fully within three months and that's from MHF users only.....

Seriously though, the ship should make the longer crossing to the Spanish ports even more pleasurable and more of a cruise - which is their aim in designing it, I am sure it will look good.

Dave

PS

If anyone wants to reduce the amount they have to pay for such crossings they are welcome to use our Club Voyage number F85632
A word of warning!!!

I had my Club Voyage membership suspended after posting on open forum. Reinstated after deleting so no long term problems and using PM's to supply your number to others doesn't bother them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page