Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Wifi settings on mobile phone

1K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
I know you can remove the pass number for Wlan, but can you do the same on a mobile SIM card?

I am asking for Heike who´s had an Aldi sim for years, she pays monthly and usually only uses about two and a half GB from the 12gb she is allowed.
She is already out of GB for this month, but has no idea how or where they were used.

Last weekend the campsite, where they have a permanent caravan and where they spent the weekend, there were a lot of people nearby, is it possible someone was able to use her internet? How does one check if the use of a passcode has accidentally been removed ?

#2 ·
I know you can remove the pass number for Wlan, but can you do the same on a mobile SIM card?

I am asking for Heike who´s had an Aldi sim for years, she pays monthly and usually only uses about two and a half GB from the 12gb she is allowed.
She is already out of GB for this month, but has no idea how or where they were used.

Last weekend the campsite, where they have a permanent caravan and where they spent the weekend, there were a lot of people nearby, is it possible someone was able to use her internet? How does one check if the use of a passcode has accidentally been removed ?
If she has wifi sharing (the Hotspot option) turned off nobody else can log on to it.

Is her phone apple or android?

#9 ·
Please go ahead Drew. Two heads etc.

Settings, wifi and internet, hotspot and tethering on my Android Jan. Unless the hotspot is enabled nobody else can connect through an Android phone. I think.
I don't know anything about Android phones Alan hence me asking for a make and model number.

As Apple have recently updated their operating system, some of the older phones i.e. 6 & 6s have different settings from 8 upwards. The new phones are now mini computers that you can make a telephone call from, mind boggling.

#12 ·
No chance of that Ray, there´s nothing extra added to her phone and youtube she will only watch if I send her one of my videos which I haven´t.

Barry
She has Pay as you go, no contract. It´s just a mystery were the GB have gone and Aldi were no help.

#17 ·
Taken from a website. Not my instructions

How to find "Mobile data" on a Huawei P10 Lite

Press Settings.

Press Mobile data.

The total data usage is displayed.

Press Data usage ranking.

The data usage for each application is displayed below the name of the application. See how to turn mobile data on or off.
Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.