Ducato/Boxer transmission and reversing problems - Page 276 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2751 of 2759 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 21:08

reversing judder fiat ducato 2.3

Hi every one,
Well got a good result(for a change) phoned up fiat direct (15 min waiting for some one to pick up Well worth it) and they where great.got a activation code,name of who I spoke with and was told to get some one to look at it and phone back so that they can get it sorted.Well as was told 2 days later a phone call to let me know that the bits will be ordered they even phoned my local fiat commercial to ask if the can do it and again they called back with in 10 mins and said as soon as my local man receives the parts they will call to give me a fitting day and time.
They even gave me a pin number and order number,then I asked about PAYMENT!!!!! and to my surprise even though my warranty has just expired NO-R-NO payment .What a result keep on the good work fiat and hopefully others are as lucky as me.
john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2752 of 2759 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 21:48

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
Happy Birthday to this thread

Three years old today and still going strong!!!!!

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-C´est ou on se stationne!!
post #2753 of 2759 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 20:17

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Re: reversing judder fiat ducato 2.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerdog
Hi every one,
Well got a good result(for a change) phoned up fiat direct (15 min waiting for some one to pick up Well worth it) and they where great.got a activation code,name of who I spoke with and was told to get some one to look at it and phone back so that they can get it sorted.Well as was told 2 days later a phone call to let me know that the bits will be ordered they even phoned my local fiat commercial to ask if the can do it and again they called back with in 10 mins and said as soon as my local man receives the parts they will call to give me a fitting day and time.
They even gave me a pin number and order number,then I asked about PAYMENT!!!!! and to my surprise even though my warranty has just expired NO-R-NO payment .What a result keep on the good work fiat and hopefully others are as lucky as me.
john
I class myself in this comment but isn't it amazing how grateful you can be when Fiat sort out something that was due to their design shortcomings and testing. Boomerdog should be grateful for the people who bought 2007 motorhomes who had to fight to even get Fiat to admit there was a problem let alone fix it.

post #2754 of 2759 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 21:57

Re: Ducato/Boxer transmission and reversing problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStothert
There are now 94 owners who are very very concerned about the juddering in the transmission when the clutch is released in reverse gear up hill. Most of these are the 6 speed variants.
4 gearboxes have failed whilst reversing up fairly steep hills - though one respondent wasn't sure how steep the hill was, as it was on grass.
7 clutches have failed whilst reversing up hills.
Andy , Are you saying that you only know of 4 failures in the hunderds of Fiat 3.0ltr gearbox's on the road ? Does'nt sound like a lot !or have I missed something
post #2755 of 2759 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy
Ring Fiat UK and report it (you will find the number on this thread although that may take some time), they have been quite good with 2.3 owners and I am fairly sure I have read that they have said they will not too strict about whether the van is still within the 3 years warranty. Worth a try, Alan.
I have a 2007 2.2 with clutch judder in reverse and Fiat says it is within normal parameters. ie no chance of repair. Only got 8000 on the clock.
post #2756 of 2759 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 13:11

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
Quote:
Andy , Are you saying that you only know of 4 failures in the hunderds of Fiat 3.0ltr gearbox's on the road ? Does'nt sound like a lot !or have I missed something
You've missed a hell of a lot actually:

1) Having to a great extent achieved the purpose of the thread (with 2.3's anyway) Andy no longer posts on here

2) That particular post is now historic. Much has happened since then

3) If you really wish to update yourself then scroll through the 276 pages of this thread, and check out the other threads which also relate to this topic......and you could have a "word" with people like alan (erneboy) or Dave (DJP) or Steve (Chigman) to get their view on the matter...to name but three

It does seem that between 12000 and 18000 miles is a critical figure for the 3litre clutch- I'm at 21000 and been "nursing" mine with little problem apart fronm a smoky and stinky clutch when I'd done 2000

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-C´est ou on se stationne!!
post #2757 of 2759 (permalink) Old 21-06-2020, 13:01

Holy thread resurrection batman....

Hi, I am in the process of buying a 2007 Hymer which has the 3l Multijet engine and a 6 speed manual gearbox - I believe it was once owned by Javea who used to post on here.

There were a number of posts on here about reverse judder and a thump on startup on the 3 litre engines and concerns that in the long term this may damage clutches and gearboxes, Fiat insisted that the 3 litre vehicles were OK.

My question is simple, did the damage that people were concerned about actually manifest itself and require repair ?

And if the problems do occur, are they expensive to fix ?

If the issue is potential clutch damage, how much does it cost to get a clutch replacement done ?

Regards

Patrick
post #2758 of 2759 (permalink) Old 21-06-2020, 13:56

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Hi bornagain and welcome to the forum.

I read somewhere just recently that posts about the problem seemed to dry up so the conclusion was that it hadn't proved to be a great problem after all.

I'm sure someone who owned one will comment soon.

Jean
post #2759 of 2759 (permalink) Old 21-06-2020, 14:48

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048DF
Hopefully this link will work.

Cheers

Alan
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/31...juddering.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page