Transleisure OK or waste of time? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_cam
Had a recent dreadful experience with Transleisure - they were a complete waste of time and space, we travelled there spending a lot of time and diesel in so doing, only to find they hadn't bothered to check if the suspension kit could be fitted to our motorhome (it needed to be modded before it could be fitted, and they couldn't be a""sed to do it then, but rather to send us home with the M/H and demand we return again much later, at their convenience. I actually tried to make an arrangement to do it, and was "greeted" on the phone by an extremely offensive male who became quite sexist and rude about "not needing" our business.

No surprise then, to hear of their lousy customer service - we found just the same!!
Please see the post in company reports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 10:51

I went to TL for advice on a sat system for our last van. They provided good advice which included some detailed discussion which I found knowledgeable and informative, and I made my decision on the Oyster system accordingly. They fitted it quickly, and rectified a minor problem quickly and professionally shortly afterwards.

They then transferred the system to the RV when we upgraded, again without hassle. Not cheap, but then, I knew the price and agreed to it.

In fact, I recall that the Kontiki starter wouldn't engage after I pulled in for diesel about a mile away from TL's premises after the job was completed. I was completely stuffed, as the van was blocking half the forecourt, & I phoned TL for advice. They sent someone out & managed to hotwire it from underneath, when I took it back to their place (now 6:00 pm on a dark & stormy night) & they had a good go at finding the problem. It turned out - as they suspected - that the fault was entirely unrelated, but I've not forgotten the assistance they extended to me.

My thoughts.

Dougie.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 14:14 Thread Starter

As sent today.

I have phoned, e-mailed, posted via their web site contact and tried here. I see I was ignored here but another complainer got her topic locked. I have tried to be neutral and dspassionate, in my recital of problems

Bill and Transleisure team over to you

Dear Bill

I have e-mailed, posted and also phoned over the 6 months since fitting

I get no response.

I hope you will respond now. You responded to someone else on the motorhome forum, not me.

Seriously your customer care is hit and miss.

When trying to arrange the original appointment it was not exactly easy, you did not confirm venue or that a courtesy car would be available, nor did you warn it would only be a Smart.

On fitting the radio, which was an after thought, you rang me to tell me no IPod unit was available, I had to go and find one, at the local Halfords, half a mile away.

So please confirm 11th July is OK, you have space and time for me. Remember I am travelling from IOM. I am over for other matters and I will not be able to leave the vehicle with you or come back another day

January had Pioneer fitted. No hand book on return home. Rang and e-mailed, got a response but nothing much happened. Promised hand book, told that would resolve pairing. It wonít as I have downloaded. There is a wiring or unit problem which under sale oif goods and services legislation is your responsibility

March went away on holiday for 6 weeks. It was only then the problem with the mobile bonding became apparent. On return phoned and e-mailed. Have e-mailed ever since to no avail. I e-mail as it means you and I have a record, in case memory of verbal exchanges fades.

I have messaged your site as well, no acknowledgment.

I donít want to do you down, I want my expensive unit working and I want to let you know the problems you appear to be having as far as they affect me?

Previous e-mails

6 June

For attention Bill Ansty

Dear Bill

I am over 9, 10 and 11 July

I am free 11 July

I intend being at your workshop in Newark first thing 11th.

I expect

a. acknowledgement and proper reply this e-mail

b. on 11 July or earlier supply of full instruction manual for Pioneer Radio, DVD, blue tooth hands free and sat nav system

c. demonstration of unit as to hands free features and if not working properly complete replacement, there and then, at your expense

d. supply at my expense of spare remote unit for self levelling legs. It would be nice to be advised of price in advance

I am at my wits end. I would be within my rights to reject the Pioneer unit as unfit for purpose. I have written, repeatedly, but get nowhere, no acknowledgement or action.

Problem with Pioneer unit.

1, Supplied without handbooks. Despite request non provided 5 months on.

2. Hands free registration does not work. Every time ignition turned off the unit wipes clean. That means registration has to take place every time vehicle switched on.

Your communications and customer service standards are not good. I am patient but this is now beyond tolerance

Since installation communications as follows:

15 January I telephoned, was told it would be dealt with and wrote with confirmation
I am writing to express my appreciation of the timely, and efficient way you did the work to my motor home last week at Newark. You will recall it was installation of the self levelling system and a Pioneer AVIC-X1Bt with sat nav and Bluetooth and also iPod adapter.
In this regard there a couple small matters
1. I am VAT registered. Can you issue and send to me a VAT invoice for the work, I can claim a percentage back received thanks
2. No instruction manual has been handed over for the radio/dvd/sat nav system. Please can you post on. Also Paul say he was told there was a remote control, again that is missing again please send on. still not resolved
3. Is it possible to order a spare self levelling remote, if so how much and what delivery time. Always better to have one in reserve still not resolved
I will be coming back soon for the cruise control and possibly the auto adaptation
Finally I hope to be at NEC in February but in meantime please pass this on to Bill junior to answer
1. We have no alarm system, other than a satellite tracker, There is only one external door, a garage with two doors and four small lockers. What would be recommendations for security both perimeter and volumetric, and at what cost? still not resolved
2. I have a satellite adls subscription with stratos. I use the cheapest portable receiver transmitter for regional bGan on Inmarsat. I have a fixed aerial in Spain at our farmhouse the leads from which just plug into the receiver transmitter. The signal reception is much better. Is it possible to adopt a similar system on board with an automatic tracking satellite dish tuned in correctly, again what cost. still not resolved
Perhaps ring me to discuss no one ever 'phoned
By 19 April, after 6 weeks in Spain and France, but without a reply I again telephoned and wrote with confirmation
1. You did send me a VAT invoice in the post, thank you
2. I am still without the original handbooks, I have downloaded what I can. I require an original set by return
3. We are relatively happy using the radio, satnav, cd and DVD, I still need to know if there should have been a remote for DVD operation and if there should please supply in post by return
4. the hands free is proving problematic. It will register my phone but every time I switch off the ignition it loses all data meaning no automatic connection. I may be doing it wrong as I do not have a full hand book or there may be a defect
5.iPod connectivity is great for sound, I have an iPod with video capacity, should it be able to replay video on the screen?
6. I would like to order and pay for a self leveling remote
Please do not ignore. I wish to resolve. I have delayed as I have been in Spain for 6 weeks from mid March. I have to come over to have a service at Hymer and have some work done on my air con and would like to schedule all together. Leeds is better for me than Newark as I have relatives there
This time there was a reply, on 23 April, after a phone call and written reminder on 22 April
You said that the instruction books had been arranged, that the hands free would become obvious when I received them. You indicated you were awaiting the pricing and supplies of additional self leveling remotes from Italy. The rest of my request was again ignored.
No instruction books have arrived, no price for the remote and still a defective hands free. Now nearly 7 weeks on.
1st May I wrote another reminder, again mentioned my interest in cruise control and security. I still wanted to put business your way. No acknowledgement, so 19th May, still no answer so I again sent a reminder. Again not acknowledged.
All I now want is for you to finish off the work you did in January, and for which I have paid, supply the instruction manual and demonstrate and rectify the hands free and supply the spare remote unit. I don't want any other work done.
For your own sakes as a business sort your PR and customer relations out!
I have e-mailed direct and last week via your web site, still no acknowledgement
In desperation I posted on the forums, you dealt with one complaint but not mine.
I feel your business treats me as if I do not exist, yet I was willing to spend £4,000 with you, and to think about another few thousand and about satellite ADSL at nearly £6,000. Business must be booming if you can treat customers like that.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 14:49

I think that doing this in public is exceptionally unfair on TransLeisure. I am a customer, but I do not say this as that - rather as someone who personally and business-wise has also suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous web forum attacks.

This is now on a dirty underwear level IMO, and should be stopped.

Dougie.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 14:54 Thread Starter

I don't attack them. I would like them to reply. I am not being outrgeous in my demands and attitude. They are failing to deliver, I am entitled to draw that to the attention of other potential customers
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 15:05

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
This is now on a dirty underwear level IMO, and should be stopped.
Hi Dougie

I do see where you're coming from and I don't like to see these sort of disputes conducted in public either. However I do think in this case that thieawin has a valid point. Bill has seen fit to respond to another members post and has obviously read this thread so it would be unfair to close the discussion without giving him an opportunity to respond.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 15:06

I don't want this to stop. One of the advantages of this forum is that we can learn from others experiences. There is nothing stopping anyone posting positive views.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 17-06-2007, 17:12

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
I'm sorry to hear your situation thieawin but I think enough is enough as far as TL go, I am sure if you PM Ventra direct you will be able to resolve any issues with them

thread locked
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page