Hank the Tank is in trouble! - Page 17 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

245Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 174 (permalink) Old 10-04-2021, 13:46

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
used when people couldn't afford the traditional summer holiday to Margate or Ramsgate; instead, they said they were going to "Ourgate and back"

Quote:
The floor will be sorted Kev but I need the fridge looking at. I think it has the wrong burner. Unfortunately if I cant get it sorted ill have to find another fridge. As per Alans advice ill leave the gearbox. It works, its just a bit crunchy in 3rd and 5th. Been like that a couple of years now.

Have you ever practised driving without using the clutch?; it needs the technique of matching the engine revs to the speed for the next gear being selected.

It is quite instructive and it teaches one to hear the revs and even when using the clutch picking the right revs to slip into the gear makes changes smoother, and of course less wear on the clutch.

Apologises if I am teaching to the initiated, but there may be others reading.

I once drove from Wetherby to St Albans with no clutch - could not stop of course so had to approach junctions/roundabouts in first watching for a gap, but it was late in the evening.

Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 174 (permalink) Old 10-04-2021, 13:52

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,042 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I had a high mileage sprinter when I was a courier, rubbish gearboxes, so I used to double-declutch all the time, takes a few miles to get the rhythm right but it stopped the crunching.
post #163 of 174 (permalink) Old 10-04-2021, 22:17 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,197 Times in 1,043 Posts
Personal Aire
Yes I know all about that, you can avoid the crunch if you time the revs right and are gentle but bollox to that. I dont have time to drive like a fanny. Maybe thats why its buggered.
GMJ and JanHank like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #164 of 174 (permalink) Old 11-04-2021, 06:08
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Quote:
Yes I know all about that, you can avoid the crunch if you time the revs right and are gentle but bollox to that. I dont have time to drive like a fanny. Maybe thats why its buggered.

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

post #165 of 174 (permalink) Old 11-04-2021, 06:17

Double declutching means what it says, you pause for a millisecond as you go through neutral and press the clutch.
post #166 of 174 (permalink) Old 11-04-2021, 10:24 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
Double declutching means what it says, you pause for a millisecond as you go through neutral and press the clutch.
Yeah I know what it means, I just cant be bothered to do it. Ive taken to just avoiding third gear. Its not that bad anyway, just a little bit of a crunch.
dghr272 and GMJ like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #167 of 174 (permalink) Old 13-04-2021, 14:52 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Old Hank is back on the drive. The guy that did all the work said his wife said it was way too big and she would be scared to drive it so he decided not to buy it. Hmmm.

So next thing is to get it back to my motorhome fix it bloke get the hole in the floor and arches done which are not a big job apparently and the fridge sorted which I suspect might be a PIA. Still scooterless and no progress on that front yet. So the saga continues but on the positive side I now have a motorhome with a years test on it!

post #168 of 174 (permalink) Old 13-04-2021, 15:28

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Old Hank is back on the drive. The guy that did all the work said his wife said it was way too big and she would be scared to drive it so he decided not to buy it. Hmmm.

So next thing is to get it back to my motorhome fix it bloke get the hole in the floor and arches done which are not a big job apparently and the fridge sorted which I suspect might be a PIA. Still scooterless and no progress on that front yet. So the saga continues but on the positive side I now have a motorhome with a years test on it!

Well pleased about that news.

I will reserve other comments for 'Another Place'

Geoff
post #169 of 174 (permalink) Old 13-04-2021, 15:37

Glad that you are a bit nearer to being sorted.

I assume the arches are not steel then Barry, are they under the fridge? what is actually wrong with the fridge?

Should you need a replacement, this guy seems to have all that sorted already.

http://www.obrienscamping.co.uk/Gas-Fridges.htm
post #170 of 174 (permalink) Old 13-04-2021, 16:34 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
Glad that you are a bit nearer to being sorted.

I assume the arches are not steel then Barry, are they under the fridge? what is actually wrong with the fridge?

Should you need a replacement, this guy seems to have all that sorted already.

http://www.obrienscamping.co.uk/Gas-Fridges.htm
Doesnt seem to be any prices Kev and in the contact us it says they are closed for business. That website looks like it was designed in 1995.

The arches are not steel and not a massive job.

The fridge is not combusting properly. Might be the wrong burner. It sets off the Co2 alarm and stinks but its flu is badly corroded and cant be cleaned out so each year it causes problems with muck on the burner.

Last edited by barryd; 13-04-2021 at 16:37.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page