Ducato x250 Cruise control problem - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By jiwawa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:51 Thread Starter

Location: Brimington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire and Acharavi, Greece
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 08 (Fiat Ducato)
Ducato x250 Cruise control problem

Hi Everybody, Went for a spin the other day and as we were on a nice straight road and clear travelling at about 50 I switched on the Cruise Control and pushed stick forward and released and lifted foot off accelerator and immediately started slowing down, Tried it again same thing, little green Speedo light was on in instrument panel so switched off and tried again, Same thing happened, pulled over checked book which confirmed I was doing it correctly, Then I saw that a message should come in instrument panel telling me Cruise Control was switched on, Pretty sure I hadn't seen anything so tried it again, def no message, so checked fuse AOK but it still doesn't work.

I am hoping beyond hope that the extremely knowledgeable members of this forum will be able to help, Please.

Ok I should have known, There is another thread on same subject, Sorry every body I will check everything and let you know how I go on, Not today though it's throwing it down.

I am here for a Good Time..........But not for a Long Time.

If You can't laugh and smile.........Life isn't worth Living.

Last edited by SaddleTramp; 11-06-2019 at 09:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 21:25

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I don't know where the other thread is, but I don't get a message saying it's on. I do have a light on the dash to say it's on - turned on by swivelling the nut on the same stalk that you're pushing up.

Jean
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 19:36

Pull back to set a speed, push forward to increase the already set speed, pull back while still engaged to reduce the set speed. If you brake and want to go back to the speed you Already had push in the button on the end.

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to, and the way this forum is going I’ll add those a bit northwards too.

Burstner Nexxo T660
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinta For This Useful Post:
SaddleTramp (13-06-2019)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 20:32

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Worth checking the fly by wire connection to your accelerator pedal, an intermittent problem I had was traced back to the connector not being fully snapped onto the pedal module.

Terry

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
SaddleTramp (13-06-2019)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-06-2019, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinta View Post
Pull back to set a speed, push forward to increase the already set speed, pull back while still engaged to reduce the set speed. If you brake and want to go back to the speed you Already had push in the button on the end.
Mine is the same except I push the lever UP to engage CC. Maybe it would work pushing down, I've never tried that!

Also, you can use the button on the end of the stalk to disengage CC, as an alternative to braking. The press it again to re-engage CC (2hen you're back up to speed).

Jean
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-06-2019, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Mine is the same except I push the lever UP to engage CC. Maybe it would work pushing down, I've never tried that!

Also, you can use the button on the end of the stalk to disengage CC, as an alternative to braking. The press it again to re-engage CC (2hen you're back up to speed).
I maybe mixing up the MH with the car - one of us will be right though

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to, and the way this forum is going I’ll add those a bit northwards too.

Burstner Nexxo T660
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-06-2019, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post

I maybe mixing up the MH with the car - one of us will be right though [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
I checked when I was driving and either up or down works so we're both right!!
Sprinta likes this.

Jean
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 20-06-2019, 18:36 Thread Starter

Location: Brimington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire and Acharavi, Greece
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 08 (Fiat Ducato)
Cannot find any fault with bulbs or switches, I have booked it in for a Cam belt & water pump and service on Monday so asked them to have a look at it.

On another point I contacted local Fiat dealer for a quote for service and Cambelt etc, £239 for service and £860 for Cambelt Not ******* Likely, Phoned a local garage who has done a lot of work for us and is very good, £130 for service and £260 for Cambelt & Water pump, Guess where I booked it in?

I am here for a Good Time..........But not for a Long Time.

If You can't laugh and smile.........Life isn't worth Living.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page