Fiat X250 electric window. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2018, 19:34 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Fiat X250 electric window.

Having a puzzling problem with passenger-side electric window.
It works perfectly from the driverís side switch but absolutely no reaction from the passengerís switch.
I have already replaced the switch unit and checked the fuses indicated in the Fiat owners manual.
Thinking it might be one of those crazy Ďputer faults Iíve disconnected and reconnected the cab battery with no effect.
Iíve just noticed (early dark evenings, donít you just luv Ďem) that the switch does not light up like the driverís side. Should it?
There is no sound of a relay when the passenger switch is depressed but is when the driverís switch is used.
Anyone help please.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2018, 19:53

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
John, the window operation is controlled by the body computer. The passenger side switch connects to the body computer and the body computer controls the window. The fact that the passenger window works when operated from the drivers side would suggest that the motor etc is ok as is the power control to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windows.jpg (215.6 KB, 11 views)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2018, 20:01

Personal Aire
Drawing attached. The drivers switch is H051, passenger switch H050, Driver motor N060 , passenger motor N061[far right M]. As far as I can tell the light in the switch [LED] should illuminate as per the drivers side. There appears to be a direct connection to chassis on one side and the positive side is powered from the same source as the driver side. I wonder if you have lost the earth to the switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windows diag.jpg (46.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by rayc; 30-10-2018 at 21:00.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
Spacerunner (30-10-2018)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2018, 21:28 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Thanks Ray. Looks a bit out of my remit, will have to get a auto-electrician to sort it.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2018, 21:37

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner View Post
Thanks Ray. Looks a bit out of my remit, will have to get a auto-electrician to sort it.
Could you not use your trusty meter to check the connection on pins 2 [positive] & 3 [negative] of the passenger switch? The negative goes directly to a chassis and the positive connects into the lead that is also providing power to to the drivers door one. The through bulkhead connector, D228 in the drawing, is where I would be looking if it transpires there is no positive on pin 2.

Last edited by rayc; 30-10-2018 at 21:43.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
Spacerunner (03-11-2018)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 12:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Thanks for that Ray. Been a bit pre-occupied lately. Our shower (home) decided to throw a wobbly and one of the elements went duff. Wife was not best pleased with an invigorating cold shower.
Iíll have a poke around with the multi-meter. Trouble is all the electrical gubbins is hidden away in the armrest and the connections are so tiny itís diffic to get a probe to make a contact.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 12:19

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner View Post
Thanks for that Ray. Been a bit pre-occupied lately. Our shower (home) decided to throw a wobbly and one of the elements went duff. Wife was not best pleased with an invigorating cold shower.
Iíll have a poke around with the multi-meter. Trouble is all the electrical gubbins is hidden away in the armrest and the connections are so tiny itís diffic to get a probe to make a contact.
I wonder if there could be a problem in the wiring from the vehicle to the door e.g. the corrugated pipe? The motor wires must be ok as it works from the drivers side but possibly the supply, earth or up/down switching wires? Is it possible to unplug the harness from the switch and test on the harness contacts?

The LED is connected directly to the earth and 12v supply. Sort that out first as it is simple.

Last edited by rayc; 03-11-2018 at 12:23.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page