Motorhome Facts Forum banner

I am going home.

7K views 141 replies 15 participants last post by  aldra 
#1 ·
and then maybe home and to my roots.

I have been getting uneasy here over the past week, wanting to go home to Brandenburg and start sorting things out.
Heike and I have had a long talk today and I have decided to go back next Sunday, she will do the same as when we came, take time off work and drive the Forester behind the Navajo. This time I will be fully covered with ADAC :grin2:
It will be easier for me to see things clearly from my own house than here were I have spent 3 good months with them.
The weather is still OK, no snow in sight here or in Brandenburg so roads will be travel worthy.
I realise more and more every day now this is not where I want to spend the rest of my days, I´m fine at the moment, but this is a mountainous area, (not many flat places to walk) I will be rather restricted when I am older.
Everything I need is at home as I have discovered to my inconvenience in the past 3 months.
I also feel more confident about being in the house alone although I know it will be hard at first, thats why Heike wants to come with me for the first week.
I can then plan a trip to England to visit family and friends and see how I feel about living there. The problem is of course finding somewhere to live, I want a place of my own not living with family.

See less See more
#53 · (Edited)
Nope.
She was quite good as an American soldier series. Can't remember the name now. Was it Odyssey.?

Ray.

#54 ·
A stopover on the A9 toward the A10

We have 650km to home, maybe we can´t stay alert for that long this time of year so I am looking for places to stop just over half way between Limburg and Strausberg.
I can´t get used to looking on the mobile for Park4night, camper stop and search4sight, any suggestion for places to stop the night please?

#55 ·
We have 650km to home, maybe we can´t stay alert for that long this time of year so I am looking for places to stop just over half way between Limburg and Strausberg.
I can´t get used to looking on the mobile for Park4night, camper stop and search4sight, any suggestion for places to stop the night please?
Jan

Can you give us your route with road numbers please.

As you know most of our trips cross Germany both going and coming back to Poland so we may be able to help - or at least look up on park4night etc. for you.

When you leaving?

Geoff

#63 ·
Yes you are going home Jan

A home full of sadness and happiness

A home you need to come to terms with in your new circumstances

Part of your decision to start new phase in your life

Germany or England , which will it be?

The worlds your oyster

Even if it doesn’t feel like it yet

Sandra

#64 ·
Today will be a busy day, packing things into the car and Van ready for an 8am start tomorrow. We need to take enough food for the day an a bit more for breakfast on Monday and thats all food wise.
I said goodbye to most of the neighbours yesterday, coffee and cake with the family next door who are sad I am leaving, Moni, the little dogs Mum, says she will be at the front to wave me goodbye and hope I will decide to come back for good.
Who knows what I will decide eventually.
After tidying up all the loose ends at home, as everyone tells me, I can do what I like, yet another great adventure begins, the world is my oyster as long as Motley can come.

If I am not around much for a day or two you´ll know why. :laugh: Busy busy.

#67 ·
Safe trip Jan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.

(Section from an old Irish blessing)

Terry

#69 · (Edited)
No more sentimental bits please, my eyes need to be kept clear for the 674km (Becker says) journey tomorrow.
I know you´ll all have me in your thoughts :kiss:. Now I need to stay tough.

We had 2 unexpected visitors this morning who took up too much time, but we are getting well organised, the Van is almost packed, just odds and sods to go in tomorrow morning. The windscreen is being cleaned by Jürgen :grin2:
The rest of the van will be cleaned inside and out next week in the comfort of its own home.

The batteries are fine, V 12.8v L 13.35v on Jürgen measurer. Gas is full as is the diesel so I´m almost ready for the morning around 8 am.

I am really looking forward to being home, in my one space coz there's lots of it. :smile2:

#73 · (Edited)
Love to see / hear a link to that please Sandra, it's a beautiful poem, I have just been helping a grand-daughter with Shakespeare "Shall I compare thee to a ......". sonnet 18

Hated Shakespeare at school because of the dissection we had to perform rather than reading it, but Sonnet 18 is really beautiful

#74 ·
We played It at a dear friends funeral

Can’t send a link Dave , we bought the CD

It’s The Priests , 2008

Tract Irish Blessing

Albert found a link on E tube

“......and until we met again , may God hold you ever in the palm of his hand “

The same wish to you Jan, I know you are not religiously inclined

So whoever you conceive that God to be

May He hold you in the palm of his hand

Sandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.