Portable twin tub washing machine - are they any good? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 16:46 Thread Starter

Portable twin tub washing machine - are they any good?

HI All,

We currently have a small portable camping washing machine, its a few years old and seems to do an ok job of washing clothes when we are away for a while.

However, it doesnt have a spin function and we have ended up having to carry a separate spinner in the garage. The clothes come out of the spinner realatively dry and then only take a few hours in the sun to completely dry.

When we first had the machine we just got as much water out by hand and then put them on the line but they took days to dry even in the sun!!!

We have now seen a Twin tub washing machine advertised in Towsure that washes, rinses and also has a spinner.

It looks ideal and we should be able to power it through the inverter like we do with the current washer.

Im just wondering if anyone has experience of the twin tub model with spin, how effective is the spin cycle???

Opinions on these would be great.

Many Thanks
Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 17:03

I recently sold my single portable washer (like yours) and bought the twin tub model and it works like a dream. It's basically the same principle as the one you already have but has the added advantage of a spin dyer.

The spin dryer does a good job and providing you do not overfill it with too much washing and it gets your clothes well spun and saves having to do all that wringing out.

We recently bought a small portable tumble dryer and that too is brilliant and for drying small items or underwear, it's just perfect for long trips away in the MH.

Hope this helps?

Sue
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 17:25 Thread Starter

HI Sue,

Thanks for that, really helpful.

Although the small one is easier to store its no good at spinning so we have to carry a full size spinner as well!!

We find the machine we have at the moment is excellent for just doing the essentials, such as tea towels and underwear. We even managed to wash the sheets in it one by one.

Im sure I have seen the tumble dryers also in towsure, how much power do they use though??

Maybe we will pick one of the twin tubs up at the Chepstow show in March.

Many Thanks
Ian

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 17:44

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
We too carry a small camping washing machine which is very good.

We also have a White Knight spin dryer which, although it is a domestic one is still quite small and gives a very fast spin so that the clothes come out really quite dry. Can anyone tell me the speed of spin on the camping twin tub, I suspect it would be quite slow and therefore not as good as the domestic one. Thanks, Alan.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 17:47 Thread Starter

Yes would also be interested to hear the spin speed of the twin tub.

The spinner that we have at the moment is 2300RPM which is more than the house machine.

Thanks
Ian
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 24-01-2010, 21:04

Hi,
Bought a twin tub before xmas as friends had one and wife was impressed. Had a test run indoors and she is still pleased with wash and spin but it is the price that impressed me £59.99 free shipping on ebay from www.limeshop.co.uk.

tech:230volts. rated freq.50Hz. wash 2.0Kgs. fuse 3Amps. input power 150W. spin-dryer input power 80W.
dimensions:565mmx340mmx570mm weight 10Kg

no spin speed given. just keep spinning till happy.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 28-02-2010, 23:00

Considering one of these for my static caravan as we are no longer allowed to have our domestic machines outside, can someone let me know how you do the rinsing please

TIA
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 28-02-2010, 23:04

Would imagine you pour lots of water in!

Am struggling with the concept of carrying a washing machine around!
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 28-02-2010, 23:10 Thread Starter

We went to the dealers and tried to fit the machine into the garage but it was so much bigger than the current machine, due to the fixed bed ontop of the garage there wasnt enough height and on its side it would take up way to much space. SO we have decided to stick with the normal machine and seperate spinner.

With the single machine we have a pipe that connects to the mixer tap and then connects to the machine, when the machine reaches the full level you turn the tap off, leave it run its wash cycle, then drain and re fill with cold water. Doesnt really use that much water but in the summer we tend to fill water cans in a dish washing/site launderette with hot water to save on using the main tank water.

Ian.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 00:00

Surely people do not carry washing machines around with them do they? Where would you dump contaminated water? And wouldn't it take up too much space?

Nah........ Although its not April Fools Day this must be a spoof thread and I nearly fell for it. This is the second time tonight I've been hoodwinked having previously fallen for the speeding thread. Talk about gullible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page