external shower - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 11:54 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I have brought in my shower extension, it needs a longer and more flexible hose and then I will need some kind of stand to put it on inside the tent.

Going back to removing the shower, Hans also removed the shower from our 2012 swift Charisma, it was a massive shower, took up an awful lot of space, he just got the caravan the way we wanted it when we decided to buy the Navajo. We put it on ebay and some cheeky devil rang us and said we would not be able to sell it for 2 reasons, hab door the wrong side and no shower, he'd give us 2,000 for it. WE sold it to a very happy buyer who travelled up from Augsburg which is 660 km away for 8,000 and was so pleased there was no shower as he thought the same as Hans did, showers cause damp.
Here is a picture of the huge Charisma shower he removed and put cupboard in instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3002.jpg (519.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3003.jpg (355.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 12.31.06.png (1.60 MB, 5 views)
patp likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 12:12

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I like showers. Can't function in the morning without one. Then a cuppa Tea.

Ray.
fdhadi, erneboy and patp like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 12:16 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
I like showers. Can't function in the morning without one. Then a cuppa Tea.

Ray.
And what's that got to do with the length of a hose Im not worried about you personal habits Raymond .
patp likes this.

I'm Jan

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 12:59

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
I must admit I like my shower

But through years of camping never had a problem with a strip wash either

If we are on a campsite with a convenient shower then clad only in a towelling dressing gown I’m off, and back to dress in the comfort of the MH

Sandra
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Even though we have a shower I often make do with a strip wash until my hair needs washing. My dad was a desert rat and taught us all about water saving [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Why not reinstate the original fitments, I believe you have them stored away (if I remember correctly).
You will still have all the space to store / transport stuff, you'll just have to empty it out to use.
Pardon me for being rude Jan but I think with the style of travelling you've been considering you'd be crazy to go for the tent option.

For a start, very many aires are hardstanding with no grass to peg a tent in. Are you going to hang around that particular place until the inside of the tent is dry?

You'd have to unpack, erect, set up the stand, have shower, dress, wait till tent dries (possibly restricting you to staying on site) then maybe find it's raining....

I can see it might be a (marginally) more attractive solution if you were staying o site for a week or two - but I didn't think that was your plan.

It just seems an incredible amount of hassle whereas you can easily store stuff in the MH shower cabin, as someone said, and perhaps even hang some suction shelves on the walls.

Mind you, this from the girl who exchanged her refillables with new ones so that she'd be able to park up/drive off without getting out to switch gas on/off!

Jean
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 13:18 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Im not a shower a day person Jean not even at home. The shower tent folds up so small it can either go under a seat when dry or stand in the shower compartment if it isnt. In the past I use the outside shower to wash my hair and will continue doing so, a longer more flexible hose would even make that job easier.
Im sure not all the aires are hard standing so when Im on one that isnt and its nice warm weather a shower might be welcome. I also think it would stand without being anchored down on a calm day. It will all be tried out at home first.

Drying off the inside can be helped with a window cleaner thingy and a cloth.

Also I dont turn off my gas when travelling, I can have the gas heater running on route in mine.

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 06-02-2021 at 13:22.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 13:23

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Me neither Jan - I go with the strip wash too.

Why store a labour intensive shower WITHIN a much more usable compartment?

I'm just laughing at the vision of the tent taking off when you thought it wasn't going to be windy!!

Ignore me (I know you will!) I just find, when there's only one of you to do everything, I avoid anything that's going to add to my list of chores.
dghr272 likes this.

Jean
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 13:35 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
[QUOTE=jiwawa;3138729]Me neither Jan - I go with the strip wash too.

Why store a labour intensive shower WITHIN a much more usable compartment?

I'm just laughing at the vision of the tent taking off when you thought it wasn't going to be windy!!

Ignore me (I know you will!) I just find, when there's only one of you to do everything, I avoid anything that's going to add to my list of chores.[/QUOTE

I dont have and without compartments Jean.

As I have never holidayed in the Navajo when its hot I thought maybe there will be a time when a shower will be welcome as I am planning a long trip.

I'm Jan
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 18:06

We full timed in our Hymer and used the shower on a fairly regular, though not daily, basis. We never had a problem with damp. We cooked daily too. Also ran the gas heating as appropriate. I think it is the design of the van that causes damp rather than what you do with them. My brother and sister in law lived in a large caravan while building their house and it was black with mould in their bedroom when they moved out. We lived in the 5th Wheel one winter when the house was being renovated and spent winters in Spain where the temperature outside might drop below freezing. We showered and cooked and breathed Again, no damp issues whatsoever.

On the subject of being over the weight limit, are you not worried about the safety issues Jan? After all the reason the weight limit is put on is for safety surely?
erneboy and raynipper like this.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 18:49

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I definately dont shower every morning in the van

I dont full strip wash every day either

I only use campsite showers if they are convenient to the pitch we are on , Im not into long painful walks to reach a shower block

I shower in the van if its been a hot day, if feel like it, if we have lots of water on board

When I worked I showered every morning and evening, now maybe every couple of days, I long for a bath but its too difficult to get in, my jaccusi is now longer in use

Im clean enough , I rarely move enough to work up a sweat anyway

When younger I swam in the lake at the end of the day, even in winter often naked , Id walked the fells all day long , I was fit

Now Im old, disabled to some extent, so I shower when I feel like it

No doubt Jan will shower when she feels like it

When we lived in Israel at times we had no shower, we had a cauldren for boiling clothes

We lit the fire under it and bathed six kids and then us in it, cooking neck deep, bliss

As long as we are happy when travelling we can save the luxury for when we return home to unlimited hot water, not in my case luxury baths, long showers

Part of the joy of returning home after a long journey

When its so good to be home

Sandra
patp likes this.
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2021, 18:53

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I guess we have been spoilt then. I could never see the point of paying for and lugging a whole bathroom about and not using it to the full every day.

Ray.
eurajohn, erneboy and patp like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page