Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Parts & Accessories (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/30-parts-accessories/)
-   -   Bakers trays or what? (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/30-parts-accessories/167609-bakers-trays-what.html)

barryd 12-12-2015 13:59

Bakers trays or what?

As most of you know I will be in a windy and wet field for Christmas and New year. Last time (two years ago) we got well and truly stuck when leaving so I want to put something unde the wheels this year.

I recall some saying cut down bakers trays are a good plan but where do you get them? Do you just hang around and nick em or ask nicely. I don't mind paying for them so should I just bung a baker s fiver or something? I'll need four.

Any other ideas or inventions?

havingfun 12-12-2015 14:06

hi,

have you got a big car boot/market near you, we always get ours from there, we have a spare set,because oh forgot he had already made a set for david,but we live in manchester. but if yu want to sort it out with say,parcel force, i,m sure oh will wrap them up for you. no charge of course.....

mags,
ps why are you going to flambourgh head in winter, i must have missed the reason........

listerdiesel 12-12-2015 14:12

cabby 12-12-2015 15:36

Have you gone mad Peter, poor barryd will have a heart attack at those prices.:wink2::wink2:They do look good though.

cabby

Mrplodd 12-12-2015 15:53

Bakers trays cost a good few quid each and most certainly belong to the bakery. Any delivery driver will not have the authority to give any away either, so caution needs to be exercised as Bakeries DO take action against thieves.

However............

If you should "find" any lying around looking all abandoned like and the owning bakeries details have somehow been "erased" then you wouldnt be able to re-unite with their lawful owner would you? so, rather than pollute the environment it could only be a good idea to put them to another use rather than deposit them into landfill surely :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

Just sayin !!!!

Andy

Those bits on Ebay are about as much use a chocolate teapot, they are only 80cm long !!

Pudsey_Bear 12-12-2015 16:27

A good bit of old carpet seems to work for us, keep them in a wheelie bin liner, never failed us and free from the back of any carpet shop, last lot gave us enough for some cab and bathroom mats, bit of blanket stitch around edge looked pukka.

113016 12-12-2015 16:36

This is what you want

also check out this 5th wheeler stuck

barryd 12-12-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by havingfun (Post 1795553)
hi,

have you got a big car boot/market near you, we always get ours from there, we have a spare set,because oh forgot he had already made a set for david,but we live in manchester. but if yu want to sort it out with say,parcel force, i,m sure oh will wrap them up for you. no charge of course.....

mags,
ps why are you going to flambourgh head in winter, i must have missed the reason........

Many thanks for this. I may well take you up on that offer. Will send you a PM. And thanks everyone else for the replies.

Why are we going to Flamborough Head at Christmas and New Year? This is indeed a good question and one I ask myself everytime we end up there. :D

Its Michelles childhood holiday location. She loves walking along the cliffs in all weathers and she also loves the Donkeys at the farm we stay at but for me they are just trouble with a capital T. They eat everything thats not bolted down including my home made Fridge vent covers, the EHU flap and once the seat off the old scooter and one of them did attempt to mate with the scooter once while I was on it. The secret is to try and leg it out of the van on either the scooter or push bike, across the field and out of the gate before they see you.

To be fair, I love it there too. It has as much appeal to us as St Tropez or Brittany (Who am I kidding. :D ).

coppo 12-12-2015 16:50

Just get some good winter tyres next time you change em Barry and you won't need any bread trays.

Paul.

aldra 12-12-2015 16:54

Barry on the northern meet

There were dozens of bakers trays just lying around behind the kitchen

If I remember tuggytrimmed two up for us

We did ask first but they had been there a long, long time

We carry them behind the bike rack

Sandra