Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Definition of kilogram set to change

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'd be more interested if they banned the use of Kg or Kgs in speech it's a written abbreviation not a spoken one ffs.

#4 ·
I have seen that and, although a scientist, I will not lose any sleep....

Electromagnets of course are made of coils of wire and it is the EXACT length of wire and it's coil Adium will affect the force generated and I expect such comments may well have already been recognised and realised - leading to more definitions of such things...

Oh well as I said I wil not worry about such things...

#5 ·
It's great that now poverty and hunger in the world is sorted enough to spend money on this sort of thing innit :roll: :roll:

Reactions: Penquin
#6 ·
The French have already redefined the Kilometre.

The 80 km/h limit on French roads must be different to the scientific definition so far used - French drivers and their speedometers seem to have a higher value idea of the kilometre.

They use a system that is a minimum of 10% - 20% over the usual definition and apparently a truer figure of 90 km/h – 100 km/h is used by most drivers in France on rural roads.

And on the Motorways….........

#10 ·
We watch a lot of TV Geoff, so get it all the time, I occasionally have a quick rant at the TV too :D :D :D

I need to get out more.

#12 ·
Don't you mean Lbs n Ozs :D :D :D

Reactions: chasper
#14 ·
Eh!! Wot??

#16 ·
I'm awake cock, but I don't see a reply from Chasper since your post, so no nearer, do tell oh wise one :D :D

#18 ·
Yes I see a very dodgy connection, I saw that one at once, but it's a bit away from the subject.

#20 ·
I converted Chaspers introduction of Pounds and ounces into the abbreviation in a forlorn attempt at humour:crying::crying:

#21 ·
Ah, elbies and Ozzie’s. so much like the 2 big ‘uns and 3 little ‘uns on my tape measure.

#22 ·
Gerroff

Reactions: Spacerunner
#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.