Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Dazzle DVD Recorder

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29-01-2008, 06:43
timbop37

I would tend to agree with the others. I have transferred video to DVD many times in the past by connecting the video to my camcorder, puttng it onto miniDV tape, and then capturing it on the PC. I just make a DVD ni the normal way on the PC. However, although this results in better quality than you would get with a Dazzle setup, it still takes to long.

A HDD Freeview recorder with video out to a DVD recorder, or built-in DVD recorder is the quickest way to get movies. It doesn't solve the problem with your videos. I download in DIVX and convert to DVD quite quickly but this is not something I could recommend that you do.

You could backup any DVDs in DIVX format (there are free converters on the net) onto a HDD media player like http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/electr...s-c-4_252.html but it doesn't solve your dilemma with your videos. I would tend to forget converting your old movies unless they are home movies.

Regards

Tim

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome