Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Dazzle DVD Recorder

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29-01-2008, 00:46
geraldandannie

We decided we wanted to be able to record films to watch later. After a bit of toing and froing, we got the :: Sony HDD DVD recorder ::. It was a bit expensive, but recording programmes from the Freeview program guide is dead easy. We can put them onto DVD if we want to, and of course we can link it in to our old tape VHS recorder, and put the VHS videos straight to DVD.

I've done a bit of work on video on PC, and it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r, even on a 3GHz PC. Chris (G2xxx) (sorry, can't remember the other letters ) has said that he found doing video and DVD authoring much easier on his new Mac than he ever did on PC. But then, I guess that's a bit more expensive

I love my Sony. I didn't know (until someone said on here) that it can also do series recording; set up one episode to record, change the "series" from no to yes, and whenever another of those programs pops up (I presume it ignores repeats) it records it. It will also adjust its timer to match when the program actually comes on, instead of when the guide says it should come on.

This may be old hat to some, but it's new and dead exciting for me.

Don't worry - when it's spring, I'll get out more, I promise

Gerald

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome