Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Watching more horse play in the Czechia

19K views 87 replies 9 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
Or Czech Republic as it says here, on the side.
Everything is packed except the fridge stuff, now whats the odds on will we or will not get away in the morning.

I always think its only the fridge stuff for the morning and turns out there are a thousand and one other things to do.

Anyway up, after watching the horses last night we had this urge to go and see some real ones at Dobra Voda.

We are hoping Motley will be OK tomorrow, he wasn't well yesterday, (first time he has been ill in his 9 years of life), visit to the vet, couldn´t find a problem, gave him a pain killing injection in case he was in pain through jumping wrong or something, also a mix of anti infection jab, he's been his old self today, but tomorrow the jabs will have worn off so we have to hope he will still be good to go. If he isn't ??? we don't.

#3 ·
Hope Motley’s OK Jan

Our last visit to the vet was when Shadow had pulled a muscle in his back , I was really worried that if was his intestines again as he was so off colour

Turn out it was a muscle sprain and we both know how painful that can be, painful joints put a lot of strain on the surrounding muscle

Sandra

#5 ·
Left home at 11.30 this morning, driving through Poland on lovely roads, no31 and the 29 which is a beautiful road surface with an ally of tree's, all the grass and hedges had been trimmed, the fields are greening up with next year's corn.
Stopped for lunch at a deserted picnic area and now we are off the road in the woods along a quiet road for the night.
Will now try photos.
First 2 are the picnic area, we drove a bit further into the forest away from the road to have a rest. Second 2 where we are now.
We have seen deer, there are probably wild pigs hiding in here as well.

Attachments

#6 ·
We arrived yesterday at 6pm. Friday night we stayed between 2 lakes near Jicin, it was very quiet, but wouldn't want to be there between April & September as it's just auto camping halfway round the lakes.
We have neighbours all round and it's lovely, invited in for wine and nibbles when we arrived.
I've tried uploading pictures, but the page is not working it says.
Sorry I will try later.

#10 ·
Having a bit of bovver, first with ticks on Motley and one on me on one of me softies, then yesterday the toilet blade stopped working and the broken bit fell in.
Motley problem is solved with a new tablet instead of the advantex, the tablet is active for 12 weeks and should keep
him free of flees and ticks 100%. He happily ate the tablet which surprised me so it must have a very special flavour.
The toilet problem has been temporarily solved with a plastic bag filled with water to cover the hole.
Yesterday we had the loan of an electric 3 wheel pickup type thing, see photo. The driver wasn't too uncomfortable, but me and Motley didn't think much to it across the bumpy meadows.
This is a wonderful place for walking and animal watching, horses, sheep, very entertaining goats and Alpaka.
Photos will not upload.

#11 ·
Last night we were invited for a meal by our host and the conversation included how strange Motorhomers can be.
This is a superb place, 200 acres of meadow and then forest to walk around, horses etc. to watch and nature to enjoy, but 99% of the people who come here arrive midday, the first thing they do is put the TV dish up hunting for the best reception, sit in their van all evening and the next morning, without even stretching their legs and clear off at midday. Why bother to leave home if all you want to do is watch TV?
I told em, my Motorhome forum people are not like that, are you?

We had a lovely walk this morning, then sat outside watching the goats afterwards.:laugh:

#12 ·
Last night we were invited for a meal by our host and the conversation included how strange Motorhomers can be.
This is a superb place, 200 acres of meadow and then forest to walk around, horses etc. to watch and nature to enjoy, but 99% of the people who come here arrive midday, the first thing they do is put the TV dish up hunting for the best reception, sit in their van all evening and the next morning, without even stretching their legs and clear off at midday. Why bother to leave home if all you want to do is watch TV?
I told em, my Motorhome forum people are not like that, are you?

We had a lovely walk this morning, then sat outside watching the goats afterwards.:laugh:
Jan

Glad you got away and Motley is sorted.

Have not been on much as we have just arrived back in Katowice after 4 weeks in France and crossing Germany in 4 days.

We noticed the TV behaviour particularly with French MHs. I fitted a TV and did watch it when touring solo in UK, particularly in the 'dark' months(mainly for the news), but in the 7 years Basia and I have been together it has never been on. I now get the news with the laptop tethered to our phone with a liberal Gb allowance, so no need to use TV.

We were fortunate to have a lot of sunshine, and still have. Only downside is lots of fruitflies - have to cover the wineglass, even here in Poland in October.

Enjoy your trip away. Love and kisses - to Hans.:wink2:

Geoff and Basia

#19 ·
Surely we all drink wine out of a wine GLASS

we don't watch TV when away, nor do we listen to the radio, we just let life pass us by

We forgot to bring the cromecast as well for the TV

But I doubt we would watch it

When we get home TV and Radio 4 are a treat to be resavoured

Just like the house, garden, washing machine and glorious space

A huge kitchen , dishwasher etc and a log burner

Just hope my son and his new family are ready to move out to their own place

But it’s theirs to the 30th of Oct

And I suspect a bit beyond

And I’ve yet to meet my new grandson , and so has Shadow

Another member to his family and friends

Sandra

#30 ·
It's been a really lovely day, no wind or clouds temp 21 this afternoon.
Took a trip through Austria which is about 8 km from here, back into Czechia to Jindrichuv Hradec shopped at Kaufland and back.

A bit of useless information, Alpaka make one place their toilet in the field where they all go, not like horses that just go any old where. One of the Alpaka lost his locks today, the vet came this morning, he is now back with the others, quite unaware he is any different from this morning.
I have loaded photos onto the laptop and will load some on here tomorrow.

#35 ·
The forest walk, the ground is covered with beach nuts, unfortunately neither of us can bend down for long to pick them up and when we did our fingers are no longer nimble enough to open the easily, dropped half of them trying.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.