Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Chausson odd happenings

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26-09-2018, 08:35
tugboat

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Just having another thought about the shower.

The cubicle may be constructed of several panels which are bonded and sealed to the bottom tray. You will probably be able to see lines of a slightly different colour where the joints are.

It is possible that one of these has cracked (indeed I have that in my own van) and it may only be apparent when someone's weight is on the bottom tray.

Perhaps get someone to stand in the shower and check round the edges. Seal with silicone sealant if needed.

Sometimes hairline cracks around the drain can occur too. If the drain pipe is gummed up with soap and hair (sorry if you're eating!) so the water doesn't drain easily, it could leak round the edge. Hopefully an inspection from below would reveal.

I have been trying to think of a way of definitely determining if the fridge or shower is at fault by adding something to either (like a dye or salt) without damaging the flooring, but I can't come up with anything.

I'm daft and proud of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tugboat For This Useful Post:
terencepaul (26-09-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome