Motorhome Facts Forum banner

HTC One M9 problems.

5K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
Hi Y'all.
Just bought a new HTC One M9 because it's reported to have the best sounds and speakers for my defective ears.
Of course it's completely different to my present Kingzone Samsung copy and up side down. Everything is round the other way and it tries to be a bit too clever.

Anyway it's got dozens of pre installed apps I have no idea what they are or what they do unlike the dozen or so obvious ones on the old phone.
I have downloaded the manual but apart from it being 337 pages there are some things not covered.

Any idea?

Zoe Video Editor.
Car.
Drive.
Polaris office 5.
Power to give.
Peel remote.
Exchange services.
DLNA.
Mirror link.
Push client
and many others unknown to me apps.

Ray.

See less See more
#3 ·
Gee, thanks Geoff. Never would have thought of that on my own.

Ray.

#4 ·
You need a particularly dodgy mind to come up with that kind of stuff Ray >:) >:)

#5 ·
Dodgy Kev. Isn't that one of the better Chinese phones? Maybe Geoff has one already.

Ray.

Reactions: JanHank
#7 ·
The only one on your list that I recognize is Peel Remote, it appeared on my phone (Samsung Note 4) overnight a while ago, I would love to be rid of it but so far have failed to get rid permanently, it changes the screen last thing at night and says goodnight and greets you in the morning along with trying to get you to download more rubbish apps you don't want or need.

#8 ·
I can remember (some years ago) having a very convenient phone in the states. It was s Sanyo 'clam-shell' pre SIM and just worked.
You got a call and opened the clam and just talked. It was hands free if you chose and even took pictures. Battery lasted 10 days and it even knew what time zone you were in. It was the size of a B&M matchbox.

Now blooming 'smart' phones some swipe to answer, some tap to answer and thats if you can see what your doing in bright light. The audio is crap and the batteries are even worse.
This is hardly progress if you don't need a phone to turn on the heating or kettle while you are out. Tell you what the headlines are and get annoying social media messages.

Am I the only one who remembers what phones used to be like?

Ray.

#9 ·
yes

Reactions: raynipper
#10 ·
I still have a couple of Nokia 6310s which work fine, stupid battery life too

#12 ·
Voted best phone ever at one point.

#13 ·
Motorola flip was one of my favorites. Full size sim card,when getting into the car, pulled the sim card out of the top of the phone and slid it into a fixed car phone. Mind you Ray, you did have to open the flip to answer. They were the days when you got given a new phone every years FOC if you renewed your contract. Both my kids ended up with flip phones to the envy of their friends.

Malcolm.

#14 ·
Motorola flip was one of my favorites. Full size sim card,when getting into the car, pulled the sim card out of the top of the phone and slid it into a fixed car phone. Mind you Ray, you did have to open the flip to answer. They were the days when you got given a new phone every years FOC if you renewed your contract. Both my kids ended up with flip phones to the envy of their friends.

Malcolm.
Ah but I remember the analogue fixed car phones, had one from the outset, used to remind my engineers not to travel up the M4 past Heston services with it switched on as this was a favorite place to hack the phone and that happened to most of them.

#18 ·
My HTC has changed lots of things after a small update of some apps.
Turned off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile data and turned on Airplane mode. Plus reinstalled an app I specifically deleted.... Grrrrrr.
And it keeps suggesting I chose which method of accessing French TV that I don't want.

Ray.

#20 ·
My Huawei does much the same thing. I turn off notifications to find them re-applied after a system or App update.

Last night my wife told me the darned thing pinged an update at 4.00am, probably because Google staff are working then.

I suspect I'm going to have to turn it off at night.

#21 ·
Such is progress John. My old phone used to 'bing' in the early hours. But I think we got used to it and slept through. Don't have that problem with the HTC yet but I am sure it will annoy me sometime.
Like giving me some news feed when I turn on about some news thats been done to death on the TV all day.

Ray.

Reactions: HurricaneSmith
#22 ·
Maybe someone might have come across my latest problem with the HTC phone.

I have now had it for about 4 months and gradually mastering it's foibles. But today was the first time I tried to send a SMS. And guess what I can't see any 'SEND' tab, button or arrow.!
The SEND arrow is obvious when sending or replying to e-mail and Wotsapp. But SMS nuffink.

I have looked online and even read the 180 page instruction pages. But they all say click the SEND arrow and it's not on my phone.

Any idea guys n Galls?

Ray.

#23 ·
Mine is bottom right, and is a orange circle with a pen in it, very small.

Failing that, see if there is a pdf manual for it on Google.

#24 ·
Thanks Kev.
But no orange circle or pen.
I have the 337 page pdf manual.
It says click the send arrow. I aint got one.

Ray.

#25 ·
Try this Ray page 108

Attachments

#29 ·
I'm interested in what you're doing with your attachments here Kev.

The 1 in the body, I can't make it any bigger - not such an issue here as I can just about make out the text on the small phone screen, but it has been an issue with other posts (not necessarily yours).

The attachment below the post - I can increase the size of that OK.

So what's the difference in methods of attaching? And does the 1st have any advantages - for me, it has only DISadvantages.

#26 · (Edited)
Bloody marvellous Kev.
I had seen that little 'flying speech box' but never realised it was the SEND tab.??
Will have to try sending a few 'test' messages.

Ray.
p.s. and yet my manual still shows the arrow send tab. Very confusing when 'they' change a well established icon and don't inform the user.

#27 ·
#28 ·
Odd Kev, my online manual was Verizon.??
But obviously your link to Sprint for the same phone is more accurate.

Thanks again Ray.
p.s. I have 'sent' a couple of test SMS messages to our UK mobile and nothing arrived yet.??

#30 ·
Hi Jean, the main one should appear in the post as a full size picture is a from a link to my dropbox and is usually best, but some fruit based devices struggle for some reason to see it at all, the other which you have to click is an attachment which I jsut drag to the are below the post text box.

#31 ·
I've just attached this one of a screenshot of the page as I see it, I've had to reduce the screen size to 75% to get the whole post in though, so it's still look small, but the one in the original post should be easily readable as it is a screen shot of the actual email.

Even reduced I can still easily read it.

What size screen are you using, that may not help.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.