Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Is your van tested correctly - MOT class 4 or 7?

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 21-04-2018, 23:03
dghr272

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Geoff he's a MOT tester giving practical advice from a testers perspective, therefore what he does under direction of his management could potentially impact some of us.

He's not a legal eagle and should not be expected to get into the line by line detail, that's your speciality.

I have had an occasion to query fleet failures due to what testers said were excessive tolerances on artic 5th wheel linkages, the guys were only following incorrect information given to them by the test centre management. It was the management who interpreted the regulations incorrectly and hadn't updated the testers to the new tolerances. Even at that I had to get the unit manufacturer to provide the new spec for the tolerances.

Terry

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome