Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - no reversing camera no signal

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20-02-2018, 17:01
Mrplodd

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Start with the basics,(feed cable disconnected from the back of the monitor???) does (should) the system switch on when you select reverse? If so do the reverse lights come on when reverse selected. If not check if the circuit is fused, if it is and the fuse is OK check the reverse light switch on the gearbox by by-passing it, if all works when the switch is by-passed its the switch thats duff. If the reverse lights come on trace the cable back from the camera to see where its picking its power up from (probably very close to the reversing lights themselves to reduce the cable run) check that connection (if its a scotchbloc or similar check for corrosion. If thats OK check there is power at the camera and so-on.

Basically you have to start at the beginning (or end) and work back to see at which point there is no power. If there is power all the way through then the camera MIGHT be the problem.

Process of elimination is the ONLY way.

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrplodd For This Useful Post:
tiern8546 (20-02-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome