Long Awaited POLL - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

View Poll Results: IN or OUT
IN 34 38.20%
OUT 55 61.80%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 18-03-2016, 15:13 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
No one yet has told me why we should stay in, or why we should leave.
Until there some facts available, not from the media, How can one decide.
As said already us old 'uns can remember pre 1975 and Ted Heath, prior to decimalisation. All countries had their own currency it was part of the fun of travelling to feel like a millionaire with hundreds of bank notes in your pocket, inside for English, left for French and right for Italian.
However there were restrictions on travel allowances in and out of the UK.That have long gone thank goodness.
The attitude recently has shown up deep rooted feelings that a lot of Europeans feel about us, not pretty when seen either, we will always be considered as those British.
Some figures tell me that we export more to non EU countries, is this a fact. How about imports.

So exactly what is the advantage to us to stay in.Maybe another subsidy for politicians to spend unwisely.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 01:10 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
So we have had 70 votes so far, not many considering all the chattering that went on in other posts, or are we down to just under 100 members this year.
Perhaps I made an error in not including a Don't know vote.

cabby

post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 08:06

Although I voted to leave, I was 100% for leaving, fed up with Brussels ruling us, but as time goes on, I am becoming more open minded and will continue to listen to both sides of the debate
Glandwr, Glandwr, barryd and 1 others like this.

post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 08:23

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
So we have had 70 votes so far, not many considering all the chattering that went on in other posts, or are we down to just under 100 members this year.

cabby
The pollsters tell us that 1 in 5 voters have not yet made up their minds.

Dick
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 08:37

My Motorhome: Neismann+Bischoff 2015 Flair 920LF
Quote:

cabby
I do not think so, if you had "on the fence" you would get a lot of those so it does not give a fair indication. I have a friend doing his own straw poll and he has loads of dithering friends. Your poll was a clean black and white one, like it will be in June. Although its only 70 I believe it is indicative of the mood.
cabby, cabby, 96299 and 1 others like this.

Michael
Falmouth UK
2015 Flair 920LF, with the option book thrown at her!
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 09:32
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
I'm not sure that the motorhoming fraternity quite matches the wider demographic of the country either

Graham

Which ever way you look at it, we are MUCH BETTER OFF in the EU than outside!

post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 11:15

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
It looks like the ins are gaining ground on here now as well. I think it was 35% in 65% out last week.

Now nearly 42% to 58%

Its the undecided that will swing it in favour of staying in I believe in the general public. I suspect there will be much more evidence for staying in promoted over the coming weeks by Cameron and the in team and the clear message will be the grave doubt of voters being worse off financially if we leave and people will vote for what hits their pockets less which is an IN vote.
GMJ and GMJ like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 11:21 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
You say this barryd, but where is the proof of this statement you have made.Just how will we be better off financially if we stay in, rather than pull out.

cabby

post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 11:38

My Motorhome: 2014 Ducato - Carado T334
Personal Aire
Quote:
You say this barryd, but where is the proof of this statement you have made.Just how will we be better off financially if we stay in, rather than pull out.
cabby
Think you missed Barry's point; he's predicting that's what will happen.
In part I agree with him. There will be a lot of scaremongering statements put out by the politicos that we'll be worse off if we quit, most people won't question it but will vote for what looks like being best financially for them personally.
Unless one of the tabloids comes out with a 'VOTE LEAVE' headline on the morning of the poll in which case people will foloow that, as has been demonstarted in the past.

On a more general note, if you wish to make an informed decision, then inform yourself! It does take some time and effort, but the answers to most questions are all in the public domain and researchable on the net. Just ask google the right questions, choose your words carefully.
As an example I'll quote the Q above about what proportion of our exports are to EU countries or the ROW.

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. (Robert Louis Stevenson)
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 21-03-2016, 11:58

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Nobody has a crystal ball and hard facts of what will happen either IN or OUT are impossible to state. The internet is awash with opinions though as said by David and the information is out there but you have to try and sieve out the biased garbage from the informative and impartial.

This report is quite interesting (and worrying if we leave). http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bri...-idUKKCN0VL0ZB

One thing for sure is the biggest reason OUTERs are voting out is immigration and as has been said many times now by myself and the "Inners" I am not convinced we will have more control over Immigration if we leave as we may well be forced to join Schengen and have no mainland border control any more on the EU Mainland. Be careful what you wish for.

I think its pretty certain though that our economy will suffer and goods imported will cost more. So inflation may go up as will interest rates, the pound will weaken and your food and goods will cost more. So once voters realise or believe that they will vote to stay in. I could be wrong as could all the economists and experts but do you want to take that chance only to find out we still dont really have that much control anyway?

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page