My Beer Collection - Page 42 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #411 of 441 (permalink) Old 22-02-2015, 16:00 Thread Starter

its nice to see members posting on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 06:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1 View Post
All round to yours at pboro then Jock
Aye, if you can find me.
In fact, I might just get my pal to keep it in his garage, and help myself to one can at a time......................in case someone does actually call round.

Only joking Baron.

Paul, I've got a wee something for you at P/boro, which I don't give out lightly I must add. : (BTW, you being a lover of port, have you tried Aldi's dark ruby one yet? )

Back on topic, ie, beer. My nearest local has 5 x pumps, and on Sunday one pump was down, and between the remainder, there wasn't a beer over 4% ABV. We keep asking him to have a regular at 5% or above, with the Grainstore Ten Fifty being our favoured choice, (former Ruddles County recipe, ie, a local flavour).
In the next "one pub" village along, (tiny compared to our "five pub" market town) the landlord has 8 or 9 x pumps dispensing anything from Black Sheep @ 3.8%, up to Jaipur @ 5.9% as well as the keg beers including Leffe Draught which is way way too expensive.

I see in the news, that "Craft Beers" appear to be on the rise and doing quite well. I don't recall having had any myself, under that term. Wetherspoons are doing a range of American style craft beers.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
96299, 96299, coppo and 1 others like this.

Last edited by JockandRita; 24-02-2015 at 06:34.
post #413 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 08:40

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Sounds cracking Jock, see you at the show.

Had a Marstons hand pulled the other day at a local pub, it was terrible, like dishwater, which is a shame because the food myself and Caroline had was top notch, beautiful.

Finished going on to the electric smooth pump, especially as Caroline was driving

Paul.
JockandRita and JockandRita like this.

post #414 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockandRita View Post
Aye, if you can find me.
In fact, I might just get my pal to keep it in his garage, and help myself to one can at a time......................in case someone does actually call round.

Only joking Baron.

Paul, I've got a wee something for you at P/boro, which I don't give out lightly I must add. : (BTW, you being a lover of port, have you tried Aldi's dark ruby one yet? )

Back on topic, ie, beer. My nearest local has 5 x pumps, and on Sunday one pump was down, and between the remainder, there wasn't a beer over 4% ABV. We keep asking him to have a regular at 5% or above, with the Grainstore Ten Fifty being our favoured choice, (former Ruddles County recipe, ie, a local flavour).
In the next "one pub" village along, (tiny compared to our "five pub" market town) the landlord has 8 or 9 x pumps dispensing anything from Black Sheep @ 3.8%, up to Jaipur @ 5.9% as well as the keg beers including Leffe Draught which is way way too expensive.

I see in the news, that "Craft Beers" appear to be on the rise and doing quite well. I don't recall having had any myself, under that term. Wetherspoons are doing a range of American style craft beers.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
Jaipur - thats a quality pint that is Jock. Only had it the once in a pub in north Essex, but would love to have another go at it

Some of the craft beers are very nice indeed, although they can be a bit too cold and gassy for my liking. Flavour wise, the few that I've had have been really nice.

Just lately, I am having a real liking for pale ale, a typical one would be "American Pale Ale". I like it's very pungent hoppy flavour and taste. Right up my street anyway

Steve
post #415 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigman
Jaipur - thats a quality pint that is Jock.
You're not wrong Steve. I too am into the Pale Ales, especially the higher ABV ones.

A couple of pals were on Hydes Prague this afternoon, http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-al...2/Hydes/Prague
and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although I do like a dark malty beer, ie, Old Peculier, I found this dark beer to be more like a Porter, and it had too much of a roasted barley flavour for me......................so I had the Sharps Altlantic instead.

This is what is coming on the pump sometime soon.
http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-al...owd-Navigation

And if it's anything near 3.95 a pint, he can sell it to someone else.

Cheers,

Jock.
post #416 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 23:03

Quote:
You're not wrong Steve. I too am into the Pale Ales, especially the higher ABV ones.

A couple of pals were on Hydes Prague this afternoon, http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-al...2/Hydes/Prague
and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although I do like a dark malty beer, ie, Old Peculier, I found this dark beer to be more like a Porter, and it had too much of a roasted barley flavour for me......................so I had the Sharps Altlantic instead.

This is what is coming on the pump sometime soon.
http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-al...owd-Navigation

And if it's anything near 3.95 a pint, he can sell it to someone else.

Cheers,

Jock.
T'owd Navigation

Nobby's Brewery
Type Dark Ale
ABV 6.1%
Aroma: sweet malts, fruity, floral. Flavour: fruits, sweet malts, warming with floral and nutty hints.

Sounds like an absolute dream of a beer Jock. Not had it and not even heard of it to be honest, but sure would like to try it.

Going to south London next week for pie & mash and then onto a summer lightning pub near Wimbledon...oooh cant wait for that one

Steve
post #417 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 23:09

Forgot to say Jock...I love an Old Peculier and drink it regular, but I know what you mean about porters. I have had the odd good one though like the plumb porter that I mentioned a short while ago in this thread somewhere. That was an exceptional porter and one of the best beers I've ever had.

Steve
post #418 of 441 (permalink) Old 24-02-2015, 23:14

Tonight I've been on the Crouch Vale Amarillo (beautiful hoppy light beer) and Morland 'Old Crafty Hen' a proper mans drink that one @ 6.5%!

Steve
post #419 of 441 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 15:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigman View Post
Tonight I've been on the Crouch Vale Amarillo (beautiful hoppy light beer) and Morland 'Old Crafty Hen' a proper mans drink that one @ 6.5%!

Steve
Jammy sod.

I have no doubt you really enjoyed that Steve.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
96299 and 96299 like this.
post #420 of 441 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 17:44

Quote:
Jammy sod.

I have no doubt you really enjoyed that Steve.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
I absolutely did Jock

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page