Froli plate holder - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 2 Post By HermanHymer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-04-2017, 21:50 Thread Starter

Froli plate holder

OK so it is obvious that I am geeting excited about my new van and all the preparation! Currently my Swift has plate and mug holders built in to a locker. The new Burstner does not so I am hoping to find a good system for holding plates, bowls , mugs etc.
At present anything that does not fit into the holders are wrapped in tea towels to prevent rattling. It drives me up the wall and has done for 6 years!!

The Froli holders look good, but I don't need space for 6 plates and it doesn't have a holder for bowls. Is it possible to cut them down? Is there something else you use?

I would prefer something that does not involve too many tea towels, that grip mat stuff or any other substance that effectively means unwrapping crockery takes longer than the cooking! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-04-2017, 22:00

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I had to check out what a froli plate holder was. Looks as if you need a fair6bit of headroom to use it.

I just store my plates horizontally, dinner plates on the bottom, side plates on top, with a small section of non-slip between the 2 sizes. It's an easy thing to pull out a plate from the middle of the bundle. It's a bit more difficult if you need to use a plate that's on 'sticky' but I hardly ever have to do that.

Bowls are just stacked, on a sticky base.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-04-2017, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
I had to check out what a froli plate holder was. Looks as if you need a fair6bit of headroom to use it.

I just store my plates horizontally, dinner plates on the bottom, side plates on top, with a small section of non-slip between the 2 sizes. It's an easy thing to pull out a plate from the middle of the bundle. It's a bit more difficult if you need to use a plate that's on 'sticky' but I hardly ever have to do that.

Bowls are just stacked, on a sticky base.

Ditto above. Over the years I'm realising that even on the worst roads in Europe and North Africa, very little moves at all in the van lockers and all the elaborate packing round things is just not necessary. Some metal items ( pans, oven sheet etc) might need a bit of non-stick stuff or a round of cloth or paper tissue between them to stop them vibrating on certain roads but we've not lost anything yet by simply putting them away as normal in the cupboard. If you have overhead lockers with no lip to prevent things falling out when you open the locker then you could always stack your plates, and dishes in a cloth shopping bag and tie the handles.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-04-2017, 23:06

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
I use a small square (+-4-5") of that non-slip mat stuff between each plate, bowl. Cups on a single layer on shelf bottom. Easy to interleave after washing up. Taking out plates, just throw squares on top of the remaining pile. Rattles sorted.
4maddogs and 4maddogs like this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanHymer For This Useful Post:
4maddogs (01-05-2017)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-04-2017, 23:21

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Bought some - what woud I call them? - an extending/expanding shelf guard, at Hymer Dealer showroom in France.

http://www.masters-france.com/e-catalogue/#194W

Right hand page, centre, white guards (various options but the single one does it for me). and below it you see the non-slip shelf liner.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanHymer For This Useful Post:
4maddogs (01-05-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page