Do you use takeaway delivery services when away from home?? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 12:33
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Me !!! Although I might pinch a few bottles for raffle prizes

PS. Never had a takeaway at home or away......but did go in a MacDonalds about 30 years ago!

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

Last edited by EJB; 27-02-2017 at 12:35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 17:23

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1-GBV View Post
When I was self-employed I could claim expenses on prepared food but not on fresh DIY stuff, so yes: I've used delivery services to get dinner delivered, especially if I didn't fancy driving anywhere. Sometimes they wouldn't come onto site (sometimes because of "site rules") so I used to walk to the gate to collect. (Thank goodness [or scientists/engineers?] for mobile phones.)

On a more general "delivery" theme, I ordered 150 worth of wine from Tesco one Xmas. When it hadn't arrived 2days after expected, I rang and was told "your wife refused to accept it and sent the driver away". It then transpired that they'd tried to deliver to the wrong address . Hands up all those who would turn away 150 worth of "free" booze just a few days before Xmas .

Gordon
Of course I'd turn it away if I hadn't ordered it or didn't think it was for us.

Chris
H1-GBV and H1-GBV like this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 17:30

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
On a rally we would sometimes organise a Fish supper, especially if up in Scotland or not end of the country.for the whole rally that is of course.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 19:28
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
We use them occasionally when away.

The best bet is to ask in reception if you are on a campsite as the wardens/owners there will know who delivers and usually can suggest which ones are nice (or not). Have the post code/address of the site handy and get the delivery person to ring you when 5 mins away so you can wait at the entrance.

If we are away for 3 nights we will eat in the MH on nights 1 and 3 and usually treat ourselves if near a pub/restaurant or if there is a takeaway that we fancy that deliver. Another treat option are these box meals that all the big supermarkets do...Indian or Chinese meals: usually 2 mains and rice/noodles etc for about 6-7.

In summer we do less of this as its usually BBQ's all the way...

Graham

I like to use big words which I don't really understand so it makes me look more photosynthesis!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 19:35

Send a message via MSN to suedew
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike800966 View Post
What started us thinking about this was that we spent last evening in A&E reception and suddenly a Domino s Pizza turned up for someone who was waiting!

Mike & Ann
When we had a really busy night at work and no chance to get off ward for meal we used to order in food. Hospital put a stop to staff doing so, but not parents, patients or relatives,
C&CC dont allow supermarket deliveries well not in Scarborough, had never thought of getting one, but they said it had 'got out of hand'

Last edited by suedew; 27-02-2017 at 19:37.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 20:06

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
Me !!! Although I might pinch a few bottles for raffle prizes

PS. Never had a takeaway at home or away......but did go in a MacDonalds about 30 years ago!
It is nearly 30 years for me also. I was going for a drink(s) with some pilot colleagues, who when they are not flying next day can sink a few. So I decided to have a 'defensive' McDonalds. 4 pints later set off home, stopped to leave message for someone at wine bar, 3 glasses of wine later, was stopped by Panda car because he had spotted tax disc out of date in Station CP. Breathalysed, not shown reading but let go on my way. He did not stop me for bad driving.

Obviously did better than when I fell asleep after I had done landing at Manchester after 3 night flights - Capt. had taken over only nose-wheel steering wheel.

McDonalds have their uses.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-02-2017, 21:13

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Well the only time is Calais

When we have frites and sausage

A rubbish meal but hey

It's traditional

What can you do ?

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page