Join Date: Jun 2017
My Motorhome: I drive...
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Bessacarr 494 Lux - Quality Checks non existent
The Bessacarr/Swift site states - Bessacarr, a true icon of luxury and high performance the Bessacarr is still the best in its class with a proud heritage.
I purchased my first new motorhome on 11th March. Since then it has been fraught with problems which just go to show that their quality controls are non-existent. Problems have been:
1. Bathroom sink waste not connected
2. Leaking ill fitted skylight
3. Badly fitted interior doors, opening whilst driving even when in locked position
4. Badly fitted interior doors, cupboard light staying on even when door closed
5. Cracked kitchen sink
6. Ceiling/Skylight not fitted correctly rattling at speed
7. TV mount fitted back to front
8. Excess glue across interior roof
9. Exterior trim ill fitted allowing rain to penetrate chassis
All of this on a new vehicle! It seems they are happy to release vehicles in a par low condition and then let their agents pick up the issues.
This is not a comprehensive list as there have been other smaller items. Others related to the PDI aspects (Gas leak identified on first outing) and insufficient knowledge on the model being sold by the agent, Ebor Caravans.
So far a poor experience on my first new purchase. The one advantage is that I chose a local dealer so easier to get issues looked at and have a supportive contact at Ebor who is keen to help resolve the problems. Swift have been far from helpful from what I can see and certainly do not seem responsive to the issues identified.
I would not recommend Swift or Bessacarr to friends based upon my experience to date.