User Tag List

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 08:41 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
mhf going down?

Over the last two years there have not been too many new topics or contributors. Seems the forum topics are generally written and replied to by about a dozen regulars now. Have we lost many of our 'posters'?

How is Sandra and Peter doing now.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 15:02

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,126 Times in 1,062 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I agree, Owners is the same as are most forums, I think their days are mostly run now.
patp likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 17:34

I stopped comming on to MHF regularly due to all the political crap that was and probably still is on this forum .

Its a Motorhome forum and not somewhere for people to spout off over anti brexit anti trump anti conservative anti Britain or whatever political views those individuals what to moan about
Drew, patp, waspes and 2 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to trek For This Useful Post:
Drew (25-09-2021)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 18:54

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Sadly I supect that if people were spouting pro Brexit,pro Trump,pro Conservative,pro Britain views you might have a different viewpoint.

Please please tell me I'm wrong and you genuinely would object to "any political views". But then there wouldn't be a lot to say

You do realise of course that "this political crap" affects every aspects of our lives..................eg motorhoming in Europe post Brexit.

Be honest.........what you mean is political views that are different to yours......softy,lefty,tree hugging,snowflake nonsense.

Stand proud man.......say what you mean..............don't dress it up as "too much politics on a motorhoming site"

Politics is everywhere............and it'll get you in the end
erneboy likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 19:23 Thread Starter

I guess after selling our last motorhome I stay and like mhf due to the knowledge base and help on everything else. Tech, communications and health. Plus of course some good friends.

I guess I am as 'guilty' as others in reading and commenting on various political and Brexit threads as we learn whats really going on. It's pointless assuming we should only discuss sweetness and light threads and not indulge in some opposite viewpoints on anything. We can't all agree or follow the same guru and doctrine.
But we do need to broaden our knowledge base and maybe pick up some new info or point as it's called 'education' dare I say.

Sadly some threads have degenerated into bickering and personal swipes. Personally I am happy to stay silent on those or try to.

Ray.
patp, Penquin, Pudsey_Bear and 1 others like this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 19:39

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I stopped comming on to MHF regularly due to all the political crap that was and probably still is on this forum .

Its a Motorhome forum and not somewhere for people to spout off over anti brexit anti trump anti conservative anti Britain or whatever political views those individuals what to moan about
I suspect a lot of the recent lack of posts corresponds with a lack of MH use for the past 21+ months.

The pandemic hit all countries from about December 2019 on, the first reports corresponded with a quiet season anyway - mid winter.

The U.K. was hit really hard wef March 2020, so there have been a great reduction in the number of trips taken.

January 2021 brought the end of the transition period and the start of vaccinations, many people were wary of using their MH for even local trips due to the pandemic and restrictions.

That pattern has continued, coupled with a virtual cessation of European tours, which used to bring reports fairly frequently.

Those European tours now appear to be much harder or more limited, no visits for winter to the Spa ish coastal aires.

Yes, there have been a lot of posts that are political, but they are all in an area that you are not compelled to even be aware of - you can opt out of the lounge, jokes and trivia and a couple of other “frivolous” areas if they are of no interest to you.

Sadly, we are also all getting older and many have reached the decision to hang up their keys, perhaps due to licence problems, or simply an awareness that other things become important such as personal health.

Even more sadly, some former members have died (i do not use such terms as “passed on” or similar). That will happen to all of us and younger people (!) joining for the first time, do so often to ask about a problem, get answers and never reappear. That is typical of all forms of social media, loyalty to just one platform is VERY rare and FarceBook and Twitter may also provide the answers they seek.

Of course, there are also frequent reports about the problems members face when they do subscribe. VS does not seem able to sort out these repeated problems.

So, political posts MAY be a factor, but needn’t be, although WITHOUT them then the number of posts would be around a dozen per day only…..

New threads ARE started, and contributions are made, perhaps we should throw the question back at ALL active members ? How many threads have YOU started in the last week / month / year ? Many threads are started by the same people……. But by far they do not represent ALL the members.
baldlygo, patp and raynipper like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 20:06

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I’m fine Ray

I have the ability to Email special people if I need to

MHF ceased to be my haven of friends, although of course some like you still are

If I’m honest I felt harassment

I’m no wilting lily but I couldn’t really manage multiple attacks on my views especially as I’ve not been well

And I can identify with trek it became too much

I never sprouted pro brexit, pro trump,proconsevative

Pro Britain….yes

And I have views that don’t agree with everyone

For the first time in 77 years I’ve been labelled as a racist on a forum dear to me

I’ve lost the use of my right hand due to inflammatory arthritis, a horrific flare up

I’ve lost my hound from hell, for more years than I can remember the MH FACTS hound fromHELL

I wanted so much to remain with you, but I can’t

From a forum that gave me everything

Laughter, deep sadness when things went wrong with you, I was part of your life

Now, my love to you

Take care, I’ll still remember how precious you all were

But unfortunately I still remember the pain

I’ll still sneak in to check your posts now and again

Sandrax
eurajohn, patp, Penquin and 2 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to aldra For This Useful Post:
raynipper (25-09-2021)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 20:17 Thread Starter

Thanks Sandra. xxx

Ray.
patp likes this.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 20:23

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Thank you for posting Sandra, I hope that you and Albert are as well as can be, you have had a horrible time over the last couple of years, on here, and at home.

For very many of us, we really value your participation, although, yes there will be things we see differently, I can identify with your concerns about abuse and the particularly hurtful slur of racism. Like you, I was accused of that because of my posts. I will NEVER forget that, or those responsible. ☹️

Losing Shadow was a big down for very many of us, many of us enjoyed being with him (at times) but we all knew our limits and were careful not to intrude on HIS space if you were not there. Loyalty really does come with four legs and a tail. Thank you.

You know we ARE here and we can extend our welcomes as widely as possible, even though we are separated by the cold Channel and a good number of miles / kilometres, we can still be together in Spirit and through our shared experiences.
patp and raynipper like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 25-09-2021 at 20:26.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-09-2021, 20:59

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Good to see you back Sandra and I hope you will continue to drop in.

If anyone wants to see a new thread, or give some advice, see here!

MiFi - connected but no internet https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/sh...d.php?t=242751
patp likes this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page