Car parking fine (Not Council) - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 10:27 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Car parking fine (Not Council)

We got this one yesterday (No intention of paying it) I am sure this is a speculative one, as it says our car was in this car park for 4 hours 02 minutes now this particular car park is about 30 mins from our house it's a small retail park, you could spend time in all of the shops for maybe an hour, but Liz uses it to visit a friend who lives over that way during Covid and they park next to each other and have a Costa coffee, they may stay an hour or so but certainly not for 4 hours.

The letter wording is a bit odd and cannot IMHO be enforced.

"When your vehicle entered the car park the driver agreed to the terms and conditions displayed on our signs, which show how long you can stay for if you overstay if you overstay of £100"

Letter appears to come from Group Nexus, you can pay at www.parkingchargepayment.com and they appear to be an approved operator of the British parking association.
patp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 12:47

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Good luck and let us know what transpires Kev.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 12:52 Thread Starter

As said we're not paying it.
patp likes this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 13:04

Bear (not a pun) that the law has changed: if you ignore it they will probably take you to court.

There are help-groups out there: I think I found one through moneysupermarket.com.
No: moneysaving expert.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...rking-tickets/

"There are some militant private parking campaigners out there who argue you simply shouldn't pay the ticket or have any contact with the company that issued it.
To be clear, we don't suggest you take this approach, particularly because if you've been ticketed by a company which is a member of an accredited trade body, it can apply to the DVLA for your details. But we're including this approach here anyway because you may hear some advocate it."

Please consider their advice - Gordon
patp likes this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 13:21 Thread Starter

I disagree, they cannot tie you to an agreement simply by driving into a car park.
patp likes this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 15:08

As ever: your choice

Gordon
Drew and patp like this.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 15:28

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,015 Posts
Personal Aire
As Gordon says Kev, gone are the days where you could just throw a private invoice for parking charges in the bin. I would follow his link if I were you. If Liz only stayed an hour is it free for that hour and if not did she pay for a ticket for the full time she was actually there? Four hours is a massive discrepancy if she did so it does sound like it might be a cock up but I woudnt just leave it and hope it will go away. if they have cocked up then it should be easy enough to get reversed.
patp likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2021, 17:35

There was a similar thing going on in our nearest town. A particular shop owned a piece of land that, to all intents and purposes, looked like part of the free public car park. It had been used as such for many years. They put up the tiniest of notices saying that parking was for shop users only. All others parking there would be fined. There was a massive outcry as some people had only stopped to read the notice and got a fine for doing so! They were right, and the car park stands deserted while we all refuse to enter the shop (M&Co).
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-06-2021, 08:51 Thread Starter

What we don't understand is how the times show it was there for four hours in the first place.

Unfortunately, she has an iPhone, if I had been with her my Google timeline would have verified it one way or the other, but having said that £15/25 per hour is hardly fair even if it was there for four hours.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-06-2021, 08:56

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,015 Posts
Personal Aire
Surely Liz must know how long she was parked there for Kev or at least roughly but you haven't explained the rules or the situation. Was it Pay and display, an hour or two hours free and then a fine if exceeded? If its the latter and you are sure you never exceeded the free limit then dispute it otherwise your probably stuffed although I think if you read that link there are some that have had success in disputing the amount payable, especially if its free in the first place.

More info needed really.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page