Motorhome Facts Forum banner

What are you getting up to today?

304K views 11K replies 45 participants last post by  patp 
#1 ·
I've got to try to remember to make a dentists appointment before my pension credits stop.

Reactions: 242633 and patp
#2 ·
Looks like I've been volunteered to help outside with Liz today, I don't mind really, she has terrible frightus, I just have to be careful I don't make my back worserer, I took so many drugs yesterday I was stumbling about all day, just because I didn't want Liz to lift a heavy box out of the car.

Reactions: 242633 and patp
#3 ·
Hope you and Liz are keeping safe Kev?

I’m Cladding the Garage with White Plastic to tidy up its appearance.
I’ve done 2 walls up to now and put sockets in the ceiling for when my new electric garage doors are fitted.
It’s keeping me busy and out of the way.

#4 ·
We're fine thanks Frank, just taking care of each other and trying to stay safe, Garden center tomorrow as Liz needs some cucumber plants for the conservatory, there's a little snack bar there so we'll get lunch as well, we get to feel life is normal for a few minutes.

I wanted to clad our last garage as it was mega cold in winter, but I put all the sockets on the rafters as nothing ever got put in front of them, much better than on the walls.

Reactions: patp
#6 ·
We're looking for a new van, we'd like a PVC, with rear single beds, a 3 way fridge, hob and oven, like hens teeth so far, we can get front single beds, but we struggle to make them up, so rear would be better.

#7 ·
Both of us dentists yesterday. Wife had eye test and subsequent new glass's prescription this am. Just popped into Lidl on the way back and filled the boot. Now gardening and get ready to see Dermo Doc tomorrow am. I bet there will be more shopping on the way back.

Been attempting to renew our Residents Permits for two years because of Brexit. Before it was done in 5 days. This time everyone else has received theirs but mine seems to have gone astray.

Ray.

#8 ·
I had my diabetic eye test a couple of weeks ago, seem I'm going to have a cat or something.

#10 ·
I hope it's a Persian Kitten Kev. I always fancied one but the memsahib has said no.

Ray.

#9 ·
Finishing off the garden bench armrests.
Looking like rain might stop play.

Terry

Attachments

#11 ·
Nice looking bench Terry is it a repair or a complete project you've done.

I have a cast iron/wood bench round the back, inherited with the house but the base has rotted, but the back is fine, I have been meaning to get it in the garage and do it but I am still without a useable garage, I could use it but if he sees me working in there I'll never get it finished.

I also have a lovely pair of cast iron ends we bought at some show years ago which the accountant wants me to put together into a bench seat, not sure I could even lift the buggers now :D :D :D

#18 ·
Nice looking bench Terry is it a repair or a complete project you've done.

I have a cast iron/wood bench round the back, inherited with the house but the base has rotted, but the back is fine, I have been meaning to get it in the garage and do it but I am still without a useable garage, I could use it but if he sees me working in there I'll never get it finished.

I also have a lovely pair of cast iron ends we bought at some show years ago which the accountant wants me to put together into a bench seat, not sure I could even lift the buggers now :D :D :D
Complete project using up timber left over from my home deck building project whilst shielding and first lockdown.

First I'd to clear out a leylandy hedge and erect fence panels. I think proving I'd beaten the stroke I suffered January 2020 was the main driver to getting it done.

Terry

Attachments

#15 ·
Dog walk first thing. Then a builders labourer this morning. Taping aluminium tape over all the joints in the floor insulation going down in the new build. Then off to chiropodist to sort out me corns. Bought a sand pit in Lidl's on the way home for granddaughter's Birthday coming up in April. No time now for a another stint at labouring as it is time for another dog walk.

#17 ·
Yeah, as I thought last time, he only imports Mazda Toyota & VW, but only the small ones, Toyota do do a 3500kg truck but not conversions, as do Volkswagen, but not in Japan, shame as I would like a Mitsubishi van, great to drive.

#20 ·
Wow! there's a good mornings work there Terry, so I assume you did the bench in the afternoon.

I'll get me coit

Reactions: dghr272
#22 ·
Today I have to go and pick up the Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour from the agricultural supplier down the road. He orders it directly from the mill for me. Usual dog walk first though. Then builder's labourer finishing off aluminium taping of joints and moving on to laying the dpm in all the rooms in the bungalow. We might have a visit from the guy who will pour the final layer of concrete which comes in liquid form and is pumped into each room. He is going to check our work!

#23 ·
I'm taking the MH for its annual Hab Check this morning. Its the first time it will have moved since December!

Then watching cricket on the telly for the rest of the day when we get back.

Tea will be fish and chips from the village pub who have started doing takeaways again. For some unexplained reason they stopped doing them in November and are only starting again this weekend! I guess the government money must have run out!

#25 ·
No it wasn't that Pat. We live just down the road from them (30 meters or so) and they never had the builders in. I think Phil the landlord replaced their bathroom suite last week but thats it.

#28 ·
Today i have booked and paid for a couple of little breaks away. 1st on the Kent coast mid April and then in May down in Somerset. Guess i need to go and do some checks on the bus first though. But not today. Maybe next week. This will be my first time having to go through checks as i only started motor-homing last June. Any advice welcome. So back to the original question...... what am i doing today? um, i don't know. Cup of tea and a dippy egg first me thinks and then we'll see. Have a lovely day people xxxx

#33 ·
We are all over that as well. Booked so far...

- Pembrey and Newport (Pembs) for April - 11 nights

- Cirencester in May - 13 nights

- Devon and Cornwall for June - 26 nights

- North Wales in July/August - 16 nights with 8 left to book

I am leaving September for the mo in the hope we can get to Italy. if not then the south of France. If not then London and East Anglia. :smile2:

#29 ·
I think I was born lucky all my organs and feet have always been good apart from me bladder n me brain I'm fine except for me back.

#30 ·
Just heard that the apartment we were going to book in Mojacar has been taken off the holiday listings as she is not getting enough bookings :( She is going to try to let it as a residential let and will tell me if it is available for next winter if it does not get any interest.