The weather today? - Page 106 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1051 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 15:27

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Sorry ti hear about your eye problems something I am nervous about . I have a cateract operation due when I come back from Greece in October.
Re your weather station, do you have a proper Stephenson Screen? Geoff
I was crap scared about anything going near my eyes Geoff. The idea of the cataract opp was real anxiety.
But now I have had both eyes done and although pain for maybe 30 secs, I would not hesitate to have the opp again.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 15:31

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Had various eye ops and the thought is worse than the experience. Around here, the worst is that seem to use something like Betadine to wash they eye afterwards and that stings like *uggery….. Apart from that it’s OK and they was that off too so short discomfort.

Weather currently 32.7 in the shade, nice cooling breeze though. Hope everything goes well Matchlock and Geoff.
patp and Matchlock like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #1053 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 16:58

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Had various eye ops and the thought is worse than the experience. Around here, the worst is that seem to use something like Betadine to wash they eye afterwards and that stings like *uggery….. Apart from that it’s OK and they was that off too so short discomfort.

Weather currently 32.7 in the shade, nice cooling breeze though. Hope everything goes well Matchlock and Geoff.

I have had 14 visits so far to the Eye clinic at the local hospital since February, I have what they call "Ischaemic central retinal vein occlusion" in my left eye, it will never be 100% and I will have ongoing surgery for the next couple of years so I have resigned myself to that.
The first laser treatment was a bright red one and in the operating theatre, didn't like that at all, it lasted about 15 minutes and as I was wheeled out my body was shaking like a leaf, couldn't drink the mug of tea they gave me as I could not hold the cup, was terribly sick at home that evening as well.
The second and third laser treatment was a green one, Ranjit administered those and they where OK, she is pretty so that helps and was not really painful as I was sat up for that, but my head is placed on a jig and it is a bit arduous keeping dead still with your eyes wide open, I have more of this to come.

After the last one of those the pressure was low enough (my left eye previously was 57, they aim for 18 - 21) so I hung about to have an injection in my left eye of Avastin which is used as a Chemo drug but used on me off - license, more of them to come as well
The last laser a couple of weeks ago was a dark red one, this was used to burn a hole in each eye under my top lid to the bottom of my eyes to relieve the pressure, you already have a drain tube to your nose from your eyes but mine aren't working too well.
The eye department at the L&D is the busiest dept. in the hospital and they have a great staff, very attentive and a lot of Ophthalmic Surgeons, think I have seen most of them now, I have 2 of them looking after me with differing qualifications.

Hopefully I will get invited to their Christmas bash, went to a few doctors/nurses parties in my 20's, they where mad.
patp likes this.

Barry

post #1054 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 17:02

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I'm not normally squeamish but that makes me feel sick!
patp and Matchlock like this.

Jean
post #1055 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 17:17 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,102 Times in 1,039 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Urgh. I don't do eyes or knees, i feel ill at the thought of, lizs knees rattle now, i can here them easily, it's 10 years since she had them done so perhaps they need doing again.
patp likes this.
post #1056 of 1315 (permalink) Old 19-07-2021, 18:11

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
I'm not normally squeamish but that makes me feel sick!

It doesn't do much for me either Jean but needs must, Karen has to administrate eye drops for me, 3 different ones 7 times a day and she always has a go at me for blinking but I can't help it.
patp and raynipper like this.

Barry
post #1057 of 1315 (permalink) Old 20-07-2021, 04:20

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
It was very hot yesterday again, I don’t do heat well

We do have air con in our bedroom though and it’s like walking into central heating on full when you come out

It’s 4 am now and the house is still very warm, I shall risk going back to bed soon in a cold cool room

I like to read in bed and if it wasn’t for this dam nerve pain when ever I lie down I’d spent a good few hours each afternoon reading in the cool of the bedroom

Reminds me of Israel where I used to get up at 5 am to get the housework and cooking done early before the heat of the day, rest in the afternoon and function again in the evening. There was no twire light in Israel it was either day or night

Off to bed now to try my luck at a few more hrs of sleep

Sandra
patp likes this.
post #1058 of 1315 (permalink) Old 20-07-2021, 07:31 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,102 Times in 1,039 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Going to be a scorcher again I think, 23.9c in the lounge already and the sun is hardly on the house yet, most of it has an overhang chalet type roof, but the lounge has a bay window so little or no protection.
post #1059 of 1315 (permalink) Old 20-07-2021, 07:38

Hot, hot, hot again. So lucky this site has a lovely little Oak woodland walk for the dogs.
post #1060 of 1315 (permalink) Old 20-07-2021, 08:14

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
24.5C outside in the shade on the verandah, forecast to be 30C today, tomorrow, then 33C then 31C over the next few days. I am off to my daughter in the Charente-Maritime, taking her a swimming pool that she has been given.

There are some really generous people out there, she needs the generosity as she is long term sick and unable to work, in constant, debilitating pain and her husband has only just managed to get a part time job, so money is a major issue.

So, for the next few days I will be there and probably not on here very much.
patp and aldra like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page