Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Covid vaccine, will YOU have it??

41K views 823 replies 40 participants last post by  GMJ 
#1 ·
Just curious as to who would, and would not have the new vaccine if offered.

I am happy to be first in line (after health care workers etc) Hiw about you??

Reactions: britcoms and patp
#2 ·
Yep count me in as someone who was required to shield.

Terry

Reactions: patp
#3 ·
By the time I actually get a choice it will be well tried and tested. So by then yes.

Ray.

#7 ·
Yes certainly

I’m waiting for blood test results to see if I still have antibodies, but sadly it’s now 7 months since I was so sick so I prob haven’t, although I still have long Covid symptoms , both feet are without sensation, which I’m told is common nerve damage, although I haven’t been told why or how long it will last, no longer breathless but still tire soon , struggling with inflammatory arthritis as Im reluctant to go back on immunosuppressants

I couldn’t volunteer to give blood plasma as tests were not available at the end of March and you needed to have tested positive for Covid to volunteer , or been hospitalised

So as someone who has met and survived Covid, just about, I would urge all who have the chance of a vaccine to take it

It’s a horrific disease if you are in anyway vulnerable and it leaves it’s Mark a long time after you survive it

That’s if you do survive it

Sandra

#11 ·
Yes, I would. I have asthma but am otherwise well.

Barry, I think, if it is offered, you should go for it. You tick a several of the "at risk" boxes.

I hadn't realised, Bill, that it was not available in mainland Europe.
WHAT? Is it the music sounds he makes that's the issue ?
Can't see any vaccine changing that outcome. :surprise:

Terry

Reactions: patp and raynipper
#12 ·
I wonder how many people responded to the Government's Covid Consultation Document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...s-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines

Here is one paragraph regarding the medicine itself which may interest you:

What regulation 345 does, therefore, is transpose into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

And one about who might give you the jab:

It will also be apparent in what we say about workforce expansion that someone other than a registered healthcare professional may actually be administering unlicensed vaccines - and as a basic issue of fairness, we think they should benefit from the same immunity from civil liability as a registered healthcare professional who is performing the same role, if the person who is not a healthcare professional is following one of the proposed new protocols.

IF you didn't participate please don't waste your time reading it too thoroughly:

The consultation period will run until the end of Friday 18 September 2020.

Gordon

#13 ·
I wonder how many people responded to the Government's Covid Consultation Document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...s-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines

Here is one paragraph regarding the medicine itself which may interest you:

What regulation 345 does, therefore, is transpose into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

And one about who might give you the jab:

It will also be apparent in what we say about workforce expansion that someone other than a registered healthcare professional may actually be administering unlicensed vaccines - and as a basic issue of fairness, we think they should benefit from the same immunity from civil liability as a registered healthcare professional who is performing the same role, if the person who is not a healthcare professional is following one of the proposed new protocols.

IF you didn't participate please don't waste your time reading it too thoroughly:

The consultation period will run until the end of Friday 18 September 2020.

Gordon
But but, we now have control of our laws therefore why are we now being constrained by the bad old EU laws? >:)

#14 ·
I'm not worried about that (do we still have to abide by EU rules during the transition period?)

I remember thalidomide and the fight which parents had to make in order to get support for their children (one colleague only had arm buds: I was very impressed by the way that he marked books using just a pen in his mouth).

I WILL be having the jab. However, I will also be thinking about how successful they have been in organising PPE and how good the training has been for T&T staff.

Gordon

#15 ·
I guess you have to trust the team that developed the vaccine who seem incredible as do the Oxford team. However, the lowest common denominator in the chain from development to it ending up in your arm is the government. :eek: I would liken it to purchasing a really expensive laptop then relying on My Hermes to deliver it. :( Ill still be taking it though if offered.

#18 ·
I would also although i am not looking forward to it having a phobia of needles. Slightly concerned also that whenever there are clips of people receiving the shots they seem to pump a serious amount of it into your arm.:surprise:

#19 ·
Yes, I'll be saying yes when I get the chance. Tho as Chris says, I'll probably be keeping myself apart for a while anyway.

I was saying to my sister today that I seem to have lost a shed-load of confidence since this thing began. Fingers crossed I can get it back.

#20 ·
We have two family and friends who keep banging on about it being a big fake and only making money for the pharmaceutical companies. But no amount of evidence hundreds of thousands have died with convince them otherwise.

Ray.

Reactions: britcoms and patp
#24 ·
Why was it not on the list I wonder? The fact that it can be stored in a fridge for 30 days is a massive advantage over the BioNTech vaccine we have ordered as the logistics of distribution of their vaccine will be a complete nightmare in comparison. Government backs the wrong horse yet again.

#30 ·
If the vaccine is available

I’d be the first in the queue

After those who need it more than me

I’m protected from flu... as far as possible, protected from pneumonia, from shingles , polio and from childhood diseases and many others thanks to modern science

So why not from Covid?

Yep we will beat this as we have beaten

so much more

And one day WE WILL add cancer to the list

Heart disease and so much more

Special people are working non stop on it

Sandra

#31 ·
As an alternative in the meantime, anyone popping zinc and/or vitamin d3? For an interesting analysis of potential of these 2 supplements look up Dr John Campbell on YouTube. Makes you think, worth a punt! What has anyone got to lose?

#32 ·
We are

Vit D high dose, will look up the author of the book an American doctor

Alberts consultant said his Vit D was low, most cancer patients are, our doctor did not prescribe it said we could buy it online

Mine was also low as diagnosed by an endocrinologist, Vit D very high short term dose prescribed dropping to a maintenance dose, first test showed adequate levels, i taken the Vit D, spent two months in Europe , so the Gp cancelled the prescription, so l continued myself

If my Vit D falls I suffer night cramps which reminds me to take it

If it’s low according to recommended dosage it’s very low as to be almost useless unless to prevent Rickets in children

And Vit D is a hormone not a vitamin

Sandra

#34 ·
We are

Vit D high dose, will look up the author of the book an American doctor

Alberts consultant said his Vit D was low, most cancer patients are, our doctor did not prescribe it said we could buy it online

Mine was also low as diagnosed by an endocrinologist, Vit D very high short term dose prescribed dropping to a maintenance dose, first test showed adequate levels, i taken the Vit D, spent two months in Europe , so the Gp cancelled the prescription, so l continued myself

If my Vit D falls I suffer night cramps which reminds me to take it

If it's low according to recommended dosage it's very low as to be almost useless unless to prevent Rickets in children

And Vit D is a hormone not a vitamin

Sandra
I've been taking high dose vitamin D3 for about 18 months, along with co-factors Vit K2 and magnesium. I've had hardly any leg cramps since then too.

Chris

#35 ·
We take 1000iu of Vit D daily as there is considerable evidence that low Vit D is very common in those with the most severe forms of CoVid, those in ITU are the base of the survey but it has been peer reviewed and is of a sufficient size to be significant.

Costs us about £5 a month, we use Healthspan UK to supply it and do far so good.

It's a very small price to pay to potentially reduce serious outcomes as both of us have underlying comorbidity problems.

Use of Brufen type NSAID's is also linked to higher incidence of serious forms, so both of us have now swapped from Brufen to other forms of analgesia. Once again, this was done with medical advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.