Covid vaccine, will YOU have it?? - Page 56 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

817Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #551 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 15:27

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock View Post
I read that article and typical of the guardian, they twist the text to meet with their remit, you need to actually read it not just skip through it and replace words, may, possible, could with words more suited to your ideals, the English language and grammar really has gone tits up over the years.
I HAVE read that article, several times, carefully but at present am unable to identify where I have changed words "skip through it and replace words, may, possible, could with words more suited to [my] ideals"

Would you please post some examples where I have done that ?

The original promise was made by Nadhim Zahawi at the time it f the abortive threat over Article 16. Zachariah talked about "helping the EU with supply problems" Truss said that they could give spare supplies to the EU, but has declined to say when.

Was that my error ? Interestingly, it was reported elsewhere as a promise to supply spare, but the details of those quotes are behind paywalls and I will not take those routes to help you in your quest for clarity.

If I wish to comment on English Grammar standards, have a look at this direct quote from you;

" you need to actually read it not just skip through it and replace words, may, possible, could with words more suited to your ideals, the English language and grammar really has gone tits up over the year"

Is there an error in that quote ? I think there may well be.....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 16:06

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Let's not deconstruct that sentence Dave. There are too many errors to mention in it. I do love the irony of employing the phrase tits up in a sentence complaining about the use of poor English.
Penquin likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #553 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 18:45

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
I HAVE read that article, several times, carefully but at present am unable to identify where I have changed words "skip through it and replace words, may, possible, could with words more suited to [my] ideals"

Would you please post some examples where I have done that ?

The original promise was made by Nadhim Zahawi at the time it f the abortive threat over Article 16. Zachariah talked about "helping the EU with supply problems" Truss said that they could give spare supplies to the EU, but has declined to say when.

Was that my error ? Interestingly, it was reported elsewhere as a promise to supply spare, but the details of those quotes are behind paywalls and I will not take those routes to help you in your quest for clarity.

If I wish to comment on English Grammar standards, have a look at this direct quote from you;

" you need to actually read it not just skip through it and replace words, may, possible, could with words more suited to your ideals, the English language and grammar really has gone tits up over the year"

Is there an error in that quote ? I think there may well be.....

Nit picking will not get you anywhere, we all can turn the written word to satisfy the things we believe in that suits our beliefs, that applies to me and you.

Barry

post #554 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 18:49

More irony, wonderful. Who started the nitpicking Barry?
Penquin likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #555 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 18:49

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Let's not deconstruct that sentence Dave. There are too many errors to mention in it. I do love the irony of employing the phrase tits up in a sentence complaining about the use of poor English.

No matter what I think of you Erneboy my impression is that you are still a self riotous **** that thinks you are above everybody else, that is sad, I'm sure that tits up rang a bell with you.
Mrplodd likes this.

Barry
The Following User Says Thank You to Matchlock For This Useful Post:
erneboy (19-02-2021)
post #556 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 18:55

Quote:
No matter what I think of you Erneboy my impression is that you are still a self riotous **** that thinks you are above everybody else, that is sad, I'm sure that tits up rang a bell with you.
I expected no less from you Barry. You are a real charmer and you've just demonstrated it to everyone once again. Thank you. The first couple of times people might have put it down to a little lapse but doing it repeatedly removes that possibility.

post #557 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 21:11

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Nit picking will not get you anywhere, we all can turn the written word to satisfy the things we believe in that suits our beliefs, that applies to me and you.
Sadly, you have chosen not to help me improve my English Grammar standard by giving me the example(s) of where and how I had altered words as I asked.

That saddens me because I am a keen believer in trying to improve by using the wisdom of others.

Perhaps you might like to rethink your acerbic comment and help me in my quest.

Please, feel free, to show me examples of where I have altered (important) words to make them fit what I believe to be correct.

Obviously, my education lacked the finesse that you believe should be apparent.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #558 of 677 (permalink) Old 19-02-2021, 21:23

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
I suspect it’s ‘Little England good English day’ today as he’s got a write bee in his bonnet.
That’ll just finish him off, right?!

In fairness it all deflects from the output of his great Brexit victory as he can’t rub in all the great benefits.

Terry
Penquin likes this.

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #559 of 677 (permalink) Old 20-02-2021, 16:31 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Had my jab Thursday. Back in early May to get the second one to activate the “Tracking devices” hidden in the first
patp likes this.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, it’s in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #560 of 677 (permalink) Old 20-02-2021, 16:35

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Had my jab Thursday. Back in early May to get the second one to activate the “Tracking devices” hidden in the first [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/eusa_dance.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/eusa_dance.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/eusa_dance.gif[/IMG]
It's a pity you won't be able to go anywhere interesting!
patp, Mrplodd and raynipper like this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page