Covid vaccine, will YOU have it?? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

652Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 583 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 10:30

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Yes, I would. I have asthma but am otherwise well.

Barry, I think, if it is offered, you should go for it. You tick a several of the "at risk" boxes.

I hadn't realised, Bill, that it was not available in mainland Europe.
WHAT? Is it the music sounds he makes that’s the issue ?
Can’t see any vaccine changing that outcome.

Terry
patp and raynipper like this.

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 583 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 11:16

I wonder how many people responded to the Government's Covid Consultation Document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...id-19-vaccines

Here is one paragraph regarding the medicine itself which may interest you:

What regulation 345 does, therefore, is transpose into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

And one about who might give you the jab:

It will also be apparent in what we say about workforce expansion that someone other than a registered healthcare professional may actually be administering unlicensed vaccines – and as a basic issue of fairness, we think they should benefit from the same immunity from civil liability as a registered healthcare professional who is performing the same role, if the person who is not a healthcare professional is following one of the proposed new protocols.

IF you didn't participate please don't waste your time reading it too thoroughly:

The consultation period will run until the end of Friday 18 September 2020.

Gordon
erneboy likes this.
post #13 of 583 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 11:55

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1-GBV View Post
I wonder how many people responded to the Government's Covid Consultation Document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...id-19-vaccines

Here is one paragraph regarding the medicine itself which may interest you:

What regulation 345 does, therefore, is transpose into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

And one about who might give you the jab:

It will also be apparent in what we say about workforce expansion that someone other than a registered healthcare professional may actually be administering unlicensed vaccines – and as a basic issue of fairness, we think they should benefit from the same immunity from civil liability as a registered healthcare professional who is performing the same role, if the person who is not a healthcare professional is following one of the proposed new protocols.

IF you didn't participate please don't waste your time reading it too thoroughly:

The consultation period will run until the end of Friday 18 September 2020.

Gordon
But but, we now have control of our laws therefore why are we now being constrained by the bad old EU laws?

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

post #14 of 583 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 12:12

I'm not worried about that (do we still have to abide by EU rules during the transition period?)

I remember thalidomide and the fight which parents had to make in order to get support for their children (one colleague only had arm buds: I was very impressed by the way that he marked books using just a pen in his mouth).

I WILL be having the jab. However, I will also be thinking about how successful they have been in organising PPE and how good the training has been for T&T staff.

Gordon
post #15 of 583 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 12:32

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,143 Times in 990 Posts
Personal Aire
I guess you have to trust the team that developed the vaccine who seem incredible as do the Oxford team. However, the lowest common denominator in the chain from development to it ending up in your arm is the government. I would liken it to purchasing a really expensive laptop then relying on My Hermes to deliver it. Ill still be taking it though if offered.
H1-GBV and erneboy like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #16 of 583 (permalink) Old 15-11-2020, 20:32

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
So will I

Having survived Covid

I’d rather not go their again

Sandra
patp and barryd like this.
post #17 of 583 (permalink) Old 15-11-2020, 21:07

My Motorhome: Murvi Piccolo
Yes, I'd have it, but given that we don't know how good the protection would be, or how long it will last, I think I'd still be very cautious for a while. I could end up still pretty much isolating, which might seem a bit of a waste of a good vaccine.

Chris
patp, barryd, raynipper and 1 others like this.
post #18 of 583 (permalink) Old 15-11-2020, 21:37

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
I would also although i am not looking forward to it having a phobia of needles. Slightly concerned also that whenever there are clips of people receiving the shots they seem to pump a serious amount of it into your arm.
patp likes this.
post #19 of 583 (permalink) Old 15-11-2020, 22:52

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Yes, I'll be saying yes when I get the chance. Tho as Chris says, I'll probably be keeping myself apart for a while anyway.

I was saying to my sister today that I seem to have lost a shed-load of confidence since this thing began. Fingers crossed I can get it back.
patp likes this.

Jean
post #20 of 583 (permalink) Old 16-11-2020, 07:19

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We have two family and friends who keep banging on about it being a big fake and only making money for the pharmaceutical companies. But no amount of evidence hundreds of thousands have died with convince them otherwise.

Ray.
patp and britcoms like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page