I'm in trouble - Page 8 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 19-07-2020, 12:51

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Sometimes I must get on peoples nerves chopping and changing my mind about what to do.
Twice I have been with people and thought to start with `yes, this is where I would like to be`
then after a few weeks I realise, no itīs not, I want to go home where I can do what I like and not have to consider anyone else.
Now that sounds selfish, but that's the life I have lived for 42 years, we never had to consider anyone but each other.
It is difficult making decisions without someone to discuss them with and I donīt mean you good people or Heike or anyone else, but it is nice to have suggestions made [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG] not improper before someone says.
I wouldn't worry about getting on people's nerves Jan - those who care for you will understand that it's a learning and a growing process. And you're entitled to be a bit selfish at your stage in life - at least that's what I tell myself!

The lack of hugs, from family and friends, has been hard these last few months and I wonder will we all be a bit more aloof at the end of all this - at least, those of us without partners.

And I fully sympathise with the need to discuss things. I've no idea where Michael is but sometimes we still have conversations!
raynipper, aldra and JanHank like this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 19-07-2020, 13:14 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I've no idea where Michael is but sometimes we still have conversations!

We to, even while I was away I was talking out loud to Hans telling what had changed and what hadnīt for instance.
Coming home I could hear him saying "Why are you driving so fast, you donīt have any appointments to get to"
erneboy, raynipper and aldra like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 19-07-2020, 20:22

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
"Why are you driving so fast, you donīt have any appointments to get to" [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Hans n Michael were definitely birds of a feather!
JanHank likes this.

Jean

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 07:49 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I told you when it started now I am very pleased 6 weeks+ later to tell you its finished.
Yesterday I was back to may usual 2 km walk, no aching legs afterwards or pain anywhere.

I was beginning to wonder if it would ever go completely because even though I started off just fine when I began our morning walks, the longest walk of the day, by the time I was on the way back, my leg was really aching and I had to sit down for a while, then suddenly yesterday I walked without any sign of a limp and no heavy legs.

So now I will gradually get the Navajo ready for a pleasure trip, I am not going to visit anyone because the two times I have done that First time the van broke down and the second time I broke down.
patp, raynipper and aldra like this.

I'm Jan
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 07:52

So please to hear this Jan

Is there any way you can prevent a re occurrence? I was advised to do "Clinical" Pilates. It has changed my life (and my back!)
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 07:55 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
So please to hear this Jan

Is there any way you can prevent a re occurrence? I was advised to do "Clinical" Pilates. It has changed my life (and my back!)
No idea what they are Pat.

The chiropractor said no heavy lifting, carrying , pushing or shoving, in other words donīt put any strain on the back.
aldra likes this.

I'm Jan
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 08:44

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Easier said than done Jan

I’m thinking walking will be very good for you

It sounds as though you had a trapped nerve which has released itself thankfully

I’m glad you are feeling better now, just remember what the chiropractor said

Sandra
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 09:06 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
It was the sciatic nerve Sandra. Walking was the one thing they say you must not stop doing even though it was extremely painful and difficult, I had to keep stopping and bend forward until I had enough power to do a few more steps. Now I am OK again its difficult to understand how I could have done that for nearly 5 weeks. When I got home I managed a little bit further each day until I got to yesterday achievement, I now want to start living again, but I must remember how old I am not how old I feel inside, my spine is a mess, 2 discs fused together and 2 more out of alinement, not a pretty site on the scan pictures.
aldra likes this.

I'm Jan
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 14:22

Clinical Pilates is run by Physiotherapists. It is a series of tailor made exercises that strengthen the core muscles that keep our spine supported and prevent it from prolapsing etc. In cases like yours they would supervise each movement you made so that you do not under or over exercise the relevant muscles. Of course they may not be suitable for you at all. In the long term it helps and, more importantly, prevents all sorts of back problems. Both Chris and I, and several friends, have benefited from it. Eventually you can do the maintenance exercises all the time at home. It is essential, if you have pre existing conditions that the sessions are supervised by a Qualified Physiotherapist. Other therapists can do more damage than good.
Our clinic also puts on classes to prevent falls for people who may have other conditions that make them vulnerable to falling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page