I'm in trouble - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-07-2020, 07:32

So sorry to hear this Jan You need to see our Supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick! Have a google He sorts out dog spines with amazing spacers between the vertebrae. They then get sent to the physiotherapist for rehabilitation and to hydro therapy on a water treadmill.

Viv, we go to Back in Motion. They have various clinics in and around Norwich. I think the nearest one to you would be in Thetford? The clinics are all run by Chartered Physiotherapists. You have to go for an assessment first and then they direct you to an appropriate class for your particular condition. We went, initially, to the rehabilitation class where you are given your own, individual, written plan of exercises aimed at your condition. A qualified physio oversees the class and watches over how you do the exercises. I cannot recommend that highly enough. Although Chris and I both went for back problems we had totally different exercises. They also work on other issues as they identify them or as they occur. I remember turning up with a stiff neck to one lesson and I got a free physio session on it.
They do encourage you to practice at home.

Most physiotherapists will either run a clinic or refer you to one that they recommend. As you probably know it is only physiotherapists that run "Clinical" Pilates. I understand it is quite different to the recreational kind, though any would be better than none. We have recommended all our friends, some of them quite disabled by their conditions and they have been turned into fit and flexible people again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 15:09

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Howís it going Jan ?

Luckily you are not alone or you could not have managed

Are you feeling any better yet ?

Sandra
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 16:25 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
If it wasn’t for your post email there is no easy way for me to Post anything.
Thanks for asking, I hope I am now on the road to recovery, not as much pain, walking is becoming a little easier, I am resting, sleeping, a LOT, I think I must be catching up on lost sleep over the past year 🙂. I have decided to stop the chiropractor visits, not sure if I have reported the result of the MRT that it’s a swelling on the spinel chord that’s been the cause of all the pain so once the swelling has subsided hopefully I will be pain free and normal life will resume. Looking at the pictures of the scan Wolfgang said my back was in a mess to start with, now it’s a disaster 😟. An operation that can be done however is not recommended, I have read a lot about that op some times ago and would not be willing to take the risk involved. I’m afraid we are a couple of old crocks and unfortunately have to accept it and stop thinking we are 10 years younger 😉.
Very strange weather here for July, temp. is at least 10 degrees under norm. Better for me though, some like it hot, but not me.😀

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 16:42 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I see I have repeated myself, there is no option for me to edit so very sorry to have said it all again. Hopefully the workers will be back tomorrow and repair whatever has gone for us Auslšnders (foreigners) 🤪.

I'm Jan
The Following User Says Thank You to JanHank For This Useful Post:
aldra (06-07-2020)
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-07-2020, 10:54

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Glad things are getting a bit easier

Sleep/ rest is the best healer so sleep away Jan

Itís hard to remember that the body ages faster than the mind ( in most cases )

We are no longer Spring Chickens

Hope the forum problems are sorted soon , no problems here for me

Has been cold here too, weíve even lit the wood burner a good few times

Sandra
raynipper and JanHank like this.
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 14-07-2020, 20:59

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Hope you're still improving Jan. And Pat, thanks for the info on Back in Motion. I'll look them up.
patp likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 14-07-2020, 21:38 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I am getting rapidly better I hope, today I was able to walk 3 times as far as I have been for nearly a month. Thatís about 300 meters twice.

I will be going home on Sunday, good motorway day when most lorries are banned (sat & sun in the holiday period)

I had a WhatsApp message from the young man who asked if I would like him to come and fetch me last week asking how I am, after putting him the picture about going home and saying I canít walk far yet he said he can take Motley for walks when he takes his dog, isnít that kind, I think there will be a few failed starts though because Motley wonít go with anyone else that easily, it took 2 months before he would go alone with Heike. Mind you all of our dogs have been the same, a lead didnít always work.
erneboy, raynipper and aldra like this.

I'm Jan
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 15-07-2020, 07:38

Glad you are, gradually, improving Jan. At least Motley won't get stolen very easily
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 15-07-2020, 16:54 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I sent Wolfgang the chiropractor a WhatsApp this morning to let him know how I was and he phoned me to chat a bit, he reckons I should find a boyfriend 😂 so I am going to write a list of my wants in a man and tell him when he finds this chap to send him to me.
Have a sense of humour.
Like to cook.
Likes to look after a garden.
Be able to mend anything from a Washing machine to a broken chair.
Like animals of all sorts.
Have enough money not to have to worry about spending it.
Like to travel.
Be adjustable to all situations and of course we must be compatible, but I would have to be the 👩*⚖️ judge of that.

I will no doubt think of a few more things before I send him the list, he will see the funny side as he also has a sense of humour.
erneboy and patp like this.

I'm Jan
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 15-07-2020, 17:38

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
That lets me off the hook then Jan. I only come close to a couple of requirements. I will now go and fix my trailer.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page