Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Don´t we get an explanation why the forum has been off the air?

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
In fact why can´t members receive an email to say we are/going off line and on again? Or is that too much to ask?

#2 ·
I thought that it was my tablet, have reset the whole thing, reset the router and anything else that was suggested for "safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found".

That started hours ago........

I now have to try to find a very large number of important sites that have been wiped from the history and cache......

Grrr...

#3 ·
Yes Dave, it drives me mad thinking it's 'MEE'. Now I'm wondering if my noted password is still good.

Ray.

Reactions: Penquin
#6 ·
We don´t have time for all that Barry, we have other important stuff to do.:frown2: like house work or gardening or fixing stuff.

I think it would be good manners for them to let us at least know why the sight was down once it´s up and running again.
It´s been back for a while now and I still see no explanation, they can´t all be asleep.

#8 ·
Yep I turned off my Wifi to reboot it

Turned it back on, no joy, Albert said his phone and laptop worked and picked up Wifi

I got bored, did I tell you how easily I’m bored?

Yes I know I’m boring but I’m talking bored >:)

And couldn’t be bothered

Then next time I tried, having dosed off, Bingo

I’m here to bore you all again :grin2:
Sandra

#13 ·
Nor I, this happens on nearly every every site now and again. I just move on and return later, it is part part of modern day technology. We even have a problem with our television signal, now and again the picture pixelates for a few seconds, we don't get a warning.

Due to Western Power removing overhead power lines in the Dorchester area our electricity supply can be cut for a few minutes, although we have been warned that this could happen, we are never told when.

Some things happen in life when least expected, i.e. without a warning, I heard a story recently about a lady who moved her motorhome a few feet from her house and scrapped the van roof. I wont go into the second part of the tale other than to say that she kept on driving and did more damage? despite the fact that she heard the van hit the roof in the first place.

I personally have never used this in a post, but to use an expression from a well known member of this site, "Get a Life". There is a lot more in life to worry about than a website going down for a few minutes.

#15 ·
I think we are all a bit stir crazy in lockdown :frown2:

As far as I remember which is getting less far as time goes on

We have never been notified when MHF has crashed, so I guess there isn’t much chance of it happening now :wink2:

Stay safe

Sandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.